Tel: (432) 335-6400
- Odessa College (OC) Global provides educational opportunities to anybody anywhere at anytime. It offers accredited completely online degree programs, but with access to real-life faculty and staff to help you be successful. Students can learn more about their educational opportunities by taking advantage of the new Wrangler Express Center, OC's new one-stop-shop customer service center. Odessa College will lead the way in preparing its students and community for the future. The College offers exemplary courses, programs, and services to assist students in achieving their educational goals and becoming lifelong learners, community builders, and global citizens. Odessa College empowers its employees to model excellence in their service to students, colleagues, and community.
The teacher population of 189 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Odessa College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||189 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Beginning with 184 students in 1946, OC has grown steadily through the last 54 years. Approximately 5,000 students are enrolled in university-parallel and occupational/technical credit courses. During a year, almost 11,000 individuals also enroll in one or more Adult Basic Education, Continuing Education or Community Recreation courses. Many university-parallel courses are offered for students planning to complete four-year degrees at senior colleges or universities and are freely transferable. Former OC students have a phenomenal record of success in the fields of accounting, law, medicine, music, public administration and teaching. More than 30 occupational/technical programs also are offered, and additional ones are planned to meet the needs of citizens who want to learn new or improve existing skills. With more than 30 percent of our students enrolled in occupational/technical programs, OC continues to fulfill the workforce demands of our community. The campus grew to 15 buildings on a 35-acre plot by 1960. Then during the 1990's, OC received three major property donations as the college continued to expand to serve the educational needs of its students and service. Located in nearby Gardendale, Texas, the 120-acre ranch, now called the Odessa College Rodeo and Agriculture Graham Center, was donated for the enhancement of the Odessa College Rodeo Team and for the development of programs for students majoring in agriculture. Odessa College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,452 students | 19.60 Mi3600 N Garfield
Midland,  TX  79705
(432) 685-4500 19.605,452
- 4,485 students | 60.60 Mi1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring,  TX  79720
(432) 264-5000 60.604,485
- 87 students | 61.10 Mi3200 Ave C
Big Spring,  TX  79720
(432) 264-3700 61.1087
- 2,803 students | 77.30 Mi5317 Lovington Hwy
Hobbs,  NM  88240
(575) 492-2577 77.302,803
- 2,179 students | 102.40 Mi6200 College Ave
Snyder,  TX  79549
(325) 573-8511 102.402,179
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.