Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center (Closed 2017)
Tel: (763) 566-7777
- Minnesota School of Business and Globe College have been providing specialized career training programs for more than 125 years. We have grown to be one of the most recognized and highly respected providers of private business, medical, and computer education in the Upper Midwest.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||109 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||58 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||51 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Minnesota School of Business was founded in 1877 by Professor Alexander R. Archibald who came from Dartmouth College. The school was among the first to teach students how to use the Stenotype machine, calculators, adding machines, and typewriters. In 1929, the school was sold to the Correll and Kamprath families and was relocated to 24 South Seventh Street. The school moved again in 1979 to the Chamber of Commerce Building at 11 South Fifth Street. ITT Educational Services, Inc. purchased the school in 1969. In 1988 Terry Myhre purchased the school from ITT and in 1993 relocated it to the current location in Richfield, MN. In 1989 the first branch campus was opened in Brooklyn Center. In 2002 the Plymouth branch campus was opened. Two new campus additions, St. Cloud and Shakopee were opened in 2004. The newest addition is the Rochester campus which opened in Fall of 2005. Minnesota School of Business/Globe College has seven campus locations - Brooklyn Center, Oakdale - Globe, Plymouth, Richfield, Rochester, Shakopee and St. Cloud. We offer flexible class scheduling to accommodate academic and individual needs. Classes are offered both day and evening for full-time and part-time students. Many classes are also offered online, providing students with an opportunity to participate in distance education. MSB offers a Masters degree, diplomas, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, and Bachelor of Science Degrees in many areas. The four main educational areas are business, health sciences, computer imaging, and information technology. In addition to the campuses mentioned, affiliates to the college include Globe College in Oakdale, MN, Minnesota School of Cosmetology in Oakdale, MN, Duluth Business University in Duluth, MN, Utah Career College, UT, Institute of Production and Recording in Minneapolis, Transportation Center for Excellence in Eagan, MN, New Horizons ? Benchmark Learning in Edina, MN, and Broadview Media in Edina, MN. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas, Associate in Applied Science degrees, and Bachelor of Science degrees.
- The nearest community college to Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center is North Hennepin Community College (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,384 students | 4.30 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
(763) 424-0702 4.307,384
- 7,409 students | 4.80 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
(952) 995-1300 4.807,409
- 243 students | 5.70 Mi300 North 1st Ave, Suite 500
Minneapolis,  MN  55401
(612) 375-1900 5.70243
- 1,070 students | 6.30 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
(612) 374-5800 6.301,070
- 164 students | 6.30 MiIDS Center, 80 South 8th Street, Suite 51
Minneapolis,  MN  55402
(612) 455-3000 6.30164
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.