Mesalands Community College
- Mesalands Community College is an institution of higher education that promotes student learning through quality education and services while fostering personal growth, leadership, and opportunity to a culturally diverse community.
The teacher population of 64 teachers has grown by 146% over five years.
|Mesalands Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||137 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Mesalands Community College was established as Tucumcari Area Vocational School (TAVS) under the Area Vocational School Act of New Mexico during the thirty-third Legislative Session of the State of New Mexico. In January 1979, an act of the Legislature authorized the establishment of an area vocational school in Tucumcari. The school was authorized to offer programs of vocational education leading to certificates and diplomas. Mesalands Community College is situated at 911 South Tenth Street in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Tumcari, located in the eastern part of the state and surrounded by scenic mesas, is recognizable by its landmark, the 5,000-ft. butte known as Tucumcari Mountain. The campus of Mesalands Community College is positioned on 23 acres, with room for future expansion. The main campus is comprised of five buildings, with three additional buildings located at other sites off the main campus. As a community college, we are here to meet your educational goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in improving your pre-collegiate skills, training for a technical career, or preparing to transfer to a four-year institution, we can fulfill your needs. As a small college, we can provide personal attention and a caring atmosphere that is difficult to find elsewhere. Our small classes and caring faculty create a learning environment designed to make our students successful. Mesalands Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Mesalands Community College is Clovis Community College (62.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,902 students | 62.20 Mi417 Schepps Blvd
Clovis, NM 88101
(800) 769-1409 62.202,902
- 1,043 students | 91.20 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
(505) 454-2500 91.201,043
- 9,739 students | 106.70 Mi2011 S. Washington
Amarillo, TX 79109
(806) 371-5000 106.709,739
- 1,143 students | 123.70 Mi1157 County Road 110
Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557
(575) 737-6200 123.701,143
- 487 students | 129.80 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell, NM 88201
(575) 622-6250 129.80487
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.