University of New Mexico-Taos Campus
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (575) 737-6200
- The University of New Mexico - Taos is a branch community college of the University of New Mexico. We offer Associate degree and vocational Certificate programs, adult basic education (ABE and GED), workforce training, and courses for personal enrichment.
University of New Mexico-Taos Campus ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 183% over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Taos Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||72 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At UNM-Taos we offer a wide variety of courses, certifications and degrees taught by talented professionals in Northern New Mexico. Academic programs are grouped into six Academies: Arts and Culture, Business and Computer Technology, Professions and Liberal Arts, Holistic Health and Human Services, Science and Natural Resources and Trades and Industry. Each academy offers degree and certificate programs as well as courses for personal enrichment and general enrichment. The faculty of UNM-Taos is predominately part-time with a few who hold both teaching and administrative positions. All UNM-Taos faculty receive approval from the appropriate departments of the University of New Mexico. In addition many have had years of experience working and/or teaching and enjoy outstanding reputations in their fields. UNM-Taos offers a diverse selection of for-credit and non-credit Community Education courses. The program provides residents of Taos and the surrounding area with lifelong learning opportunities for personal and professional growth. Courses are offered as workshops or on a regularly scheduled basis and are instructed by qualified and experienced Instructors. UNM-Taos programs are fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Taos Campus is Northern New Mexico College (46.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 926 students | 46.50 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola, NM 87532
(505) 747-2100 46.50926
- 1,093 students | 51.70 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
(505) 454-2500 51.701,093
- 871 students | 61.90 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos, NM 87544
(505) 662-5919 61.90871
- 4,067 students | 62.70 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87508
(505) 428-1000 62.704,067
- 176 students | 62.70 Mi3960 San Felipe Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(505) 467-6805 62.70176
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.