University of New Mexico-Taos Campus
- The University of New Mexico - Taos is a branch community college of the University of New Mexico. We offer Associate degree and vocational Certificate programs, adult basic education (ABE and GED), workforce training, and courses for personal enrichment.
University of New Mexico-Taos Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Taos Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,793 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||604 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,189 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,000||$34,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At UNM-Taos we offer a wide variety of courses, certifications and degrees taught by talented professionals in Northern New Mexico. Academic programs are grouped into six Academies: Arts and Culture, Business and Computer Technology, Professions and Liberal Arts, Holistic Health and Human Services, Science and Natural Resources and Trades and Industry. Each academy offers degree and certificate programs as well as courses for personal enrichment and general enrichment. The faculty of UNM-Taos is predominately part-time with a few who hold both teaching and administrative positions. All UNM-Taos faculty receive approval from the appropriate departments of the University of New Mexico. In addition many have had years of experience working and/or teaching and enjoy outstanding reputations in their fields. UNM-Taos offers a diverse selection of for-credit and non-credit Community Education courses. The program provides residents of Taos and the surrounding area with lifelong learning opportunities for personal and professional growth. Courses are offered as workshops or on a regularly scheduled basis and are instructed by qualified and experienced Instructors. UNM-Taos programs are fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Taos Campus is Northern New Mexico College (33.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,371 students | 33.70 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 848 students | 48.60 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 162 students | 54.00 Mi3960 San Felipe
Santa Fe,  NM  87507
- 6,242 students | 54.80 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
- 1,440 students | 56.90 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
We report on the latest developments at City College of San Francisco that have resulted in the school’s loss of accreditation and impending shut-down.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.