University of New Mexico-Taos Campus
Tel: (575) 737-6200
- The University of New Mexico - Taos is a branch community college of the University of New Mexico. We offer Associate degree and vocational Certificate programs, adult basic education (ABE and GED), workforce training, and courses for personal enrichment.
University of New Mexico-Taos Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Taos Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||51 staff||72 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At UNM-Taos we offer a wide variety of courses, certifications and degrees taught by talented professionals in Northern New Mexico. Academic programs are grouped into six Academies: Arts and Culture, Business and Computer Technology, Professions and Liberal Arts, Holistic Health and Human Services, Science and Natural Resources and Trades and Industry. Each academy offers degree and certificate programs as well as courses for personal enrichment and general enrichment. The faculty of UNM-Taos is predominately part-time with a few who hold both teaching and administrative positions. All UNM-Taos faculty receive approval from the appropriate departments of the University of New Mexico. In addition many have had years of experience working and/or teaching and enjoy outstanding reputations in their fields. UNM-Taos offers a diverse selection of for-credit and non-credit Community Education courses. The program provides residents of Taos and the surrounding area with lifelong learning opportunities for personal and professional growth. Courses are offered as workshops or on a regularly scheduled basis and are instructed by qualified and experienced Instructors. UNM-Taos programs are fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Taos Campus is Northern New Mexico College (46.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,371 students | 46.50 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
(505) 747-2100 46.501,371
- 1,440 students | 51.70 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
(505) 454-2500 51.701,440
- 848 students | 61.90 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
(505) 662-5919 61.90848
- 6,242 students | 62.70 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
(505) 428-1000 62.706,242
- 1,783 students | 73.50 Mi600 Prospect St
Trinidad,  CO  81082
(719) 846-5011 73.501,783
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!