Clovis Community College
- Clovis Community College is an institution of higher education offering instruction at the Associate degree level. The College provides accessible, affordable, accredited, high-quality educational opportunities by keeping the learners` needs at the center of decision-making and continuously striving to exceed the expectations of the local and global communities.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Clovis Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,745 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||752 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,993 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Through a broad range of instructional programs and services, Clovis Community College promotes the success of learners by providing opportunities to gain general educational development through courses in arts, humanities, language, mathematics, physical education, sciences, and social sciences,Complete programs of study that will lead to the attainment of certificates and associate degrees. Our academic programs offer you the option of education, liberal arts, or sciences courses that transfer to four-year colleges. You will graduate with an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree. Or you can select an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program that trains you for the workforce, while still earning transferrable credits. Some programs, like business and computer technology, have multiple options. From our health & fitness center to on-campus childcare and sophisticated computer labs, Clovis Community College offers all the facilities you need for success. Clovis Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The nearest community college to Clovis Community College is Mesalands Community College (61.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 793 students | 61.70 Mi911 S Tenth Street
Tucumcari,  NM  88401
- 9,661 students | 73.00 Mi1401 S. College Ave
Levelland,  TX  79336
- 10,336 students | 92.50 Mi2011 S. Washington
Amarillo,  TX  79109
- 314 students | 93.90 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401
- 135 students | 94.50 Mi2007 34th St
Lubbock,  TX  79411
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.