Clovis Community College
- Clovis Community College is an institution of higher education offering instruction at the Associate degree level. The College provides accessible, affordable, accredited, high-quality educational opportunities by keeping the learners` needs at the center of decision-making and continuously striving to exceed the expectations of the local and global communities.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Clovis Community College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||94 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,745 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||752 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,993 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Through a broad range of instructional programs and services, Clovis Community College promotes the success of learners by providing opportunities to gain general educational development through courses in arts, humanities, language, mathematics, physical education, sciences, and social sciences,Complete programs of study that will lead to the attainment of certificates and associate degrees. Our academic programs offer you the option of education, liberal arts, or sciences courses that transfer to four-year colleges. You will graduate with an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree. Or you can select an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program that trains you for the workforce, while still earning transferrable credits. Some programs, like business and computer technology, have multiple options. From our health & fitness center to on-campus childcare and sophisticated computer labs, Clovis Community College offers all the facilities you need for success. Clovis Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The nearest community college to Clovis Community College is Mesalands Community College (62.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 793 students | 62.20 Mi911 S Tenth Street
Tucumcari,  NM  88401
- 9,661 students | 73.00 Mi1401 S. College Ave
Levelland,  TX  79336
- 10,336 students | 92.60 Mi2011 S. Washington
Amarillo,  TX  79109
- 314 students | 94.10 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401
- 135 students | 94.70 Mi2007 34th St
Lubbock,  TX  79411
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.