- Founded in 1961, MassBay is one of 15 accredited Community Colleges within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Public Higher Education System. Our goal is to prepare you to transfer to a four-year institution, enter the job market in high demand fields, retrain you for new job opportunities and provide exciting lifelong learning selections.
- Enrollment: 3,762 students
- In-state tuition: $4,176
- Out-state tuition: $9,120
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 48%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Massachusetts Bay Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Massachusetts Bay Community College (MassBay) is an accredited two-year public college with campuses in Wellesley and Framingham, and a Technology Center in Ashland. Earn your Associate Degree, Certificate, or choose non-credit professional and continuing education programs. We feature small class sizes for more personalized attention and an individualized learning environment and a dedicated team of professors focused on helping each of their students succeed and accomplish their educational goals. Many of our professors teach at other prestigious Boston-area institutions, have published works in their particular field, or have won awards for their accomplishments. Centers of Excellence that allow you to study and interact among peers with similar career goals. Resources, like part-time, evening, Saturday and online classes, to make it easier for you to fit college into your lifestyle. We provide quality career programs for immediate employment and programs paralleling the first two years of a Bachelor's Degree. MassBay offers a diverse course selection in the Liberal Arts, Science and Engineering, Computers, and Health Sciences programs of study. Student Activities are the other side of college life, the extracurricular activities outside of the classroom. In addition to attending and participating in events, you can join a club or organization that plans the events or run for an elected position and tackle some campus issues. Student clubs at Mass Bay include everything from Student Government, to cultural groups to honorary societies and academic groups. Taking a leadership role in any of these groups offers you the opportunity to learn many skills. You can learn how to budget money, implement and evaluate projects and programs, manage and resolve conflict, communicate publicly, develop critical thinking skills, improve interpersonal skills, develop an ability to work in groups of diverse individuals, reflect on your professional abilities, understand community responsibility and most importantly, have FUN!