Massachusetts Bay Community College
- Founded in 1961, MassBay is one of 15 accredited Community Colleges within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Public Higher Education System. Our goal is to prepare you to transfer to a four-year institution, enter the job market in high demand fields, retrain you for new job opportunities and provide exciting lifelong learning selections.
- The teacher population of 168 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Massachusetts Bay Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||168 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,369 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,874 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,495 students||2,352 students|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,200||$35,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Massachusetts Bay Community College (MassBay) is an accredited two-year public college with campuses in Wellesley and Framingham, and a Technology Center in Ashland. Earn your Associate Degree, Certificate, or choose non-credit professional and continuing education programs. We feature small class sizes for more personalized attention and an individualized learning environment and a dedicated team of professors focused on helping each of their students succeed and accomplish their educational goals. Many of our professors teach at other prestigious Boston-area institutions, have published works in their particular field, or have won awards for their accomplishments. Centers of Excellence that allow you to study and interact among peers with similar career goals. Resources, like part-time, evening, Saturday and online classes, to make it easier for you to fit college into your lifestyle. We provide quality career programs for immediate employment and programs paralleling the first two years of a Bachelor's Degree. MassBay offers a diverse course selection in the Liberal Arts, Science and Engineering, Computers, and Health Sciences programs of study. Student Activities are the other side of college life, the extracurricular activities outside of the classroom. In addition to attending and participating in events, you can join a club or organization that plans the events or run for an elected position and tackle some campus issues. Student clubs at Mass Bay include everything from Student Government, to cultural groups to honorary societies and academic groups. Taking a leadership role in any of these groups offers you the opportunity to learn many skills. You can learn how to budget money, implement and evaluate projects and programs, manage and resolve conflict, communicate publicly, develop critical thinking skills, improve interpersonal skills, develop an ability to work in groups of diverse individuals, reflect on your professional abilities, understand community responsibility and most importantly, have FUN!
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,070 students | 2.50 Mi1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Auburndale,  MA  02466
- 1,320 students | 4.00 Mi777 Dedham Street
Newton Center,  MA  02459
- 874 students | 6.30 Mi129 Fisher Ave
Brookline,  MA  02445
- 2,393 students | 8.70 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing,  MA  02120
- 104 students | 9.70 Mi150 Kerry Place
Norwood,  MA  02062
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.