Lackawanna College serves 2,043 students (67% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,043 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,690
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 278 teachers has grown by 308% over five years.
(PA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Lackawanna College has grown by 27% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Lackawanna College diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $13,690 is less than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Lackawanna College was founded in 1894 as the Scranton Business College. Through the years, the College has grown and expanded to meet the changing needs of the community and of individual students. Lackawanna College is chartered as a non-profit junior college with the right to grant associate degrees and is fully accredited by the prestigious Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges. Its credits are easily transferable to other colleges and universities. Lackawanna College grants associate in science, associate in applied science and associate in arts degrees in a variety of majors and offers certificate programs designed specifically to suit the needs of an individual. Most students are required to take core curriculum courses including English, math, humanities, social sciences and computer information. Students can expect to improve their ability to learn effectively, seek and gather information, communicate both orally and in writing, apply computer technology, work interdependently, gain practical work experience, think critically, make informed decisions, solve problems, become self-directed, understand the need for community service, and appreciate the historical, political, economic, scientific, social and culturally diverse contexts of the world in which they live. Lackawanna College is approved by the Pennsylvania State Department of Education to grant associate degrees and is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, which is designated as a National Accrediting Agency by the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lackawanna College cost?
Lackawanna College's private state tuition is approximately $13,690.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.