Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh (Closed 2012)
- Over the past two decades, PCI has established itself as the cooking school chosen by focused individuals preparing for careers in the culinary arts. Our Culinary Arts, Pâtisserie & Baking, and Hospitality & Restaurant Management programs continually adapt to the industry’s need for quality education and excellence.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 69% over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||36 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||33%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,333||$12,667|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,281||$5,183|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Le Cordon Bleu's internationally renowned culinary programs have become synonymous with expertise, innovation, tradition and refinement—qualities that are painstakingly nourished by the school. Graduates of our programs receive both a specialized associate degree and a Diplôme from Le Cordon Bleu in their specialized area. Pennsylvania Culinary Institute was founded in 1986 as a Branch Campus of The Sawyer School. PCI was well-known in the Pittsburgh area and beyond for providing a quality hands-on education and attracted students from across the United States. Due to its viability and success, PCI was acquired by Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts, Inc. (PICA) in 1990 and subsequently earned independent Main Campus accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (formerly the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools). PCI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Culinary Arts and Pâtisserie & Baking programs are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute Accrediting Commission.
The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh is Vet Tech Institute (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 337 students | 0.10 Mi125 Seventh St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 391-7021 0.10337
- 136 students | 0.20 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412) 281-2600 0.20136
- 413 students | 0.70 Mi125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412) 391-6710 0.70413
- 16,086 students | 1.20 Mi800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
(412) 323-2323 1.2016,086
- 149 students | 1.50 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15214
(412) 359-1000 1.50149
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.