Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh (Closed 2012)
- Over the past two decades, PCI has established itself as the cooking school chosen by focused individuals preparing for careers in the culinary arts. Our Culinary Arts, Pâtisserie & Baking, and Hospitality & Restaurant Management programs continually adapt to the industry’s need for quality education and excellence.
|Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||48 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||48 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,600||$34,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||33%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$16,333||$12,667|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$6,281||$5,183|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||100%||72%|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Le Cordon Bleu's internationally renowned culinary programs have become synonymous with expertise, innovation, tradition and refinement—qualities that are painstakingly nourished by the school. Graduates of our programs receive both a specialized associate degree and a Diplôme from Le Cordon Bleu in their specialized area. Pennsylvania Culinary Institute was founded in 1986 as a Branch Campus of The Sawyer School. PCI was well-known in the Pittsburgh area and beyond for providing a quality hands-on education and attracted students from across the United States. Due to its viability and success, PCI was acquired by Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts, Inc. (PICA) in 1990 and subsequently earned independent Main Campus accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (formerly the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools). PCI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Culinary Arts and Pâtisserie & Baking programs are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute Accrediting Commission.
- The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (6.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 382 students | 6.80 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 80 students | 9.30 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 217 students | 11.10 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 166 students | 12.20 Mi1501 W Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15226
- 267 students | 12.20 Mi130 7th St
Monessen,  PA  15062
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.