Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh (Closed 2012)
- Over the past two decades, PCI has established itself as the cooking school chosen by focused individuals preparing for careers in the culinary arts. Our Culinary Arts, Pâtisserie & Baking, and Hospitality & Restaurant Management programs continually adapt to the industry’s need for quality education and excellence.
|Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||48 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||48 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,600||$34,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||33%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$16,333||$12,667|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$6,281||$5,183|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2010)||100%||72%|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Le Cordon Bleu's internationally renowned culinary programs have become synonymous with expertise, innovation, tradition and refinement—qualities that are painstakingly nourished by the school. Graduates of our programs receive both a specialized associate degree and a Diplôme from Le Cordon Bleu in their specialized area. Pennsylvania Culinary Institute was founded in 1986 as a Branch Campus of The Sawyer School. PCI was well-known in the Pittsburgh area and beyond for providing a quality hands-on education and attracted students from across the United States. Due to its viability and success, PCI was acquired by Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts, Inc. (PICA) in 1990 and subsequently earned independent Main Campus accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (formerly the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools). PCI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Culinary Arts and Pâtisserie & Baking programs are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute Accrediting Commission.
- The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts-Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (6.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 382 students | 6.80 Mi5 Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin,  PA  15122
- 115 students | 8.10 Mi4314 Old William Penn Highway
Monroeville,  PA  15146
- 80 students | 9.30 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 217 students | 11.10 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 166 students | 12.20 Mi1501 W Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15226
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.