- Shasta College is part of the California Community College system, which is the largest system of higher education in the world, with 107 colleges organized into 72 districts, serving nearly 1.4 million students. Students who receive an associate degree earn 66% higher wages after three years on the job. Shasta College ranks second highest in the state in university transfer. The college has articulation agreements to facilitate transfer to the University of California and California State University systems, and many private college campuses.
- The teacher population of 203 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Shasta College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||203 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,342 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||3,480 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,862 students||5,903 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||126||144|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,600||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since 1950 Shasta College has served the residents of Northern California with outstanding programs of education and public service. The campus is located on 337 acres, and is referred to as the Stillwater campus because it is bordered by Stillwater Creek on the East Side. The District also owns an additional 350 acres in Bella Vista. The District encompasses the counties of Shasta, Tehama, and Trinity, and small portions of Lassen, Modoc, and Humboldt counties as well. The college has a childcare center, residence halls, its own waste water treatment facility, a park, a horse arena, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, an Olympic-sized diving pool, and a fire station, which serves the surrounding area. The campus includes wooded groves –including a redwood memorial grove--ponds, nature trails, two streams, a Christmas Tree farm, and a 150-acre farm. There is also a man-made waterfall made of lava rock from Hat Creek, designed by The Shasta College Art Department. Shasta College was one of the first community colleges to possess a Carillon, which dates back to 1968.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,060 students | 54.60 Mi800 College Ave
Weed,  CA  96094
- 11,892 students | 76.00 Mi3536 Butte Campus Drive
Oroville,  CA  95965
- 1,715 students | 85.00 Mi570 Golden Eagle Ave
Quincy,  CA  95971
- 2,557 students | 87.90 Mi478-200 Hwy 139
Susanville,  CA  96130
- 4,965 students | 98.60 Mi7351 Tompkins Hill Rd
Eureka,  CA  95501
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.