- Shasta College is part of the California Community College system, which is the largest system of higher education in the world, with 107 colleges organized into 72 districts, serving nearly 1.4 million students. Students who receive an associate degree earn 66% higher wages after three years on the job. Shasta College ranks second highest in the state in university transfer. The college has articulation agreements to facilitate transfer to the University of California and California State University systems, and many private college campuses.
- Enrollment: 8,121 students
- In-state tuition: $1,183
- Out-state tuition: $6,223
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Since 1950 Shasta College has served the residents of Northern California with outstanding programs of education and public service. The campus is located on 337 acres, and is referred to as the Stillwater campus because it is bordered by Stillwater Creek on the East Side. The District also owns an additional 350 acres in Bella Vista. The District encompasses the counties of Shasta, Tehama, and Trinity, and small portions of Lassen, Modoc, and Humboldt counties as well. The college has a childcare center, residence halls, its own waste water treatment facility, a park, a horse arena, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, an Olympic-sized diving pool, and a fire station, which serves the surrounding area. The campus includes wooded groves –including a redwood memorial grove--ponds, nature trails, two streams, a Christmas Tree farm, and a 150-acre farm. There is also a man-made waterfall made of lava rock from Hat Creek, designed by The Shasta College Art Department. Shasta College was one of the first community colleges to possess a Carillon, which dates back to 1968.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Shasta College cost?
Shasta College's tuition is approximately $1,183 for In-State students and $6,223 for Out-State students.
What is Shasta College's ranking?
Shasta College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.