Lane Community College News
Browse past news stories for Lane Community College in Eugene, OR.
- Lane Community College bond proposal
I am a homeowner in Eugene, and I’m supporting the on the May ballot. I believe in the importance of higher education, and while I’m sure no one relishes paying m ...
- For the love of film: How a community college darkroom became a community-wide darkroom
Peeling away the curtain reveals an analogue paradise within Eugene’s film photography community. An effort started by a group of Lane Community College photography ...
- Electrician apprenticeships available in Lane County
Average wages can range from $30 to $40 an hour as you gain training and education in the field. Lane Community College offers ...
- Lane Community College begins search for new board member
EUGENE, Ore. -- The Lane Community College Board of Education held a meeting to discuss a current and upcoming board vacancy on ...
- From recession casualties to energy engineers, Lane Community College Energy Management Program helps workers ... - The Register-Guard
But a two-year detour through Lane Community College's Energy Management Program landed him a degree and a job in 2013 as an energy engineer with Siemens, helping redesign buildings with ne ...
- Food Scene Eugene, a local food and drink festival, attracts hundreds to Lane Community College - The Register-Guard
That's all changed with the launch of Food Scene Eugene, a food and drink festival that drew hundreds to Lane Community College on Friday and Saturday. Organized by LCC culinary arts and hospitality management students, Foo ...
- Lane commissioner Farr facing challenge from longtime Lane Community College Board member McCown - The Register-Guard
But McCown, a facility maintenance manager and Lane Community College board member, hopes his extensive door-to-door and phone outreach in the district will make up for his lack of mo ...
- Lane Community College to hold annual job fair with about 50 employers on April 21 - The Register-Guard
Job seekers will have a chance to meet next month with about 50 area employers at Lane Community College's annual job fair. The event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on April ...
College is expensive. There is no way around it. But you can save money by attending community college as long as you avoid these top six financial aid mistakes.
Are you taking full advantage of scholarships? Use these 7 smart tips when applying for your scholarships, whether need or merit-based awards, as well as those for individuals from certain ethnic, religious, or socioeconomic groups. Increase your chances of being awarded scholarships!
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.