Lake-Sumter State College
- For more than 40 years, LSCC has been committed to its mission of providing 'excellent student-centered academic and career-oriented education.' Our greatest strength lies in our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. We pride ourselves on treating every student as an individual, so you'll find friendly people who want to help you achieve success. You can always feel free to ask for advice and guidance.
- The teacher population of 144 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|Lake-Sumter State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||144 staff||38 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,470 students||1,230 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,307 students||537 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,163 students||693 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.45||0.70|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$30,800|
- The Leesburg Campus began with a 70 acre site on U.S. Highway 441, across from the Leesburg Municipal Airport and bordering on beautiful Silver Lake. With the help and assistance of leading citizens, educators, and political figures, the college rapidly expanded and outgrew this site. In 1992 neighboring property was purchased for future expansion, enlarging the campus to 114 acres. LSCC offers Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.), and Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees, and college credit certificate programs. Non-credit vocational supplemental courses are also offered. Complementing its academic offerings, LSCC features a variety of athletic, leisure time, personal enrichment and cultural entertainment programs and activities. In addition to ongoing intramural athletic activities, intercollegiate athletics were begun in the fall of 1998. LSCC participates in district and statewide competition in the following sports: women's volleyball, men's baseball, and women's softball. Located near the geographic center of Florida, LSCC campuses are surrounded by rolling hills, marshlands abounding with wildlife, rural pastureland, and fast-growing residential and business areas. With more than 1,400 named lakes, the Lake-Sumter area offers many outdoor recreation areas with suburban-type living. Among the major facilities are modern classrooms and laboratories, a library, Learning Center, the Paul P. Williams Fine Arts Complex, the Student Services Building, a student center, a Sports Complex, the Everett A. Kelly Convocation Center with a gymnasium, and the Magnolia Room banquet/conference facility. In January 2002, the new 31,800 sq. ft. Health Sciences Center opened for state-of-the-art health care programs in Nursing, Health Information Management and Dental Assisting. The facility includes classrooms, a nursing skills lab, library and offices as well as a 1500 sq. ft. fitness center, a 100 seat auditorium and a 40 seat community room.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 192 students | 23.80 Mi510 South Hunt Club Blvd.
Apopka,  FL  32703
- 47 students | 27.20 Mi6359 Edgewater Drive
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 418 students | 28.00 Mi2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite#240
Maitland,  FL  32751
- 634 students | 29.20 Mi5421 Diplomat Circle
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 242 students | 30.00 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730