Kent State University at Geauga
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|Kent State University at Geauga||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,653 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||589 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,064 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.36||0.44|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. Kent State Geauga is the only institution of higher learning in Geauga County. Kent State's Geauga Campus lies at the heart of Ohio's maple syrup country and provides easy access to urban, suburban and rural areas. We offer a private school approach to education at an affordable public price. Kent State Geauga offers an array of noncredit programs and workshops for the student looking to continue their education. Kent State Geauga offers a wide range of certificate, associate, and bachelor's degree programs. In addition, we are proud to offer the Master of Science in Technology degree. Students can complete all required coursework for several certificates, associate degrees, bachelor degrees and one master's degree program without ever leaving our campus. We also offer the first two years of coursework applicable toward many of the 272 academic programs available at Kent State University. Kent State University Geauga Campus offers classes and coursework leading to six associate degrees and three bachelor's degrees, including a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). The Geauga Campus features an excellent 13:1 student/teacher ratio, distance learning libraries, and technology components in many of our classrooms to enhance students' learning experiences. We offerr excellent nursing degree program, horticulture education, business management technology, accounting and more. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,250 students | 15.50 Mi7700 Clocktower Drive
Willoughby,  OH  44094
- 459 students | 16.50 Mi325 Alpha Park Dr
Cleveland,  OH  44143
- 471 students | 18.40 Mi35350 Curtis Blvd.
Eastlake,  OH  44095
- 202 students | 20.20 Mi21210 Emery Road
Cleveland,  OH  44128
- 2,799 students | 21.40 Mi4314 Mahoning Ave N.W.
Warren,  OH  44483
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.