Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte
- The Charlotte Campus offers bachelors, associate and certificate programs. Located in financial center of the New South, home to 299 Fortune 500 companies, the campus offers links to local, national and global industry in a modern, fast-paced university setting. Our pioneering approach to academics combines classroom education with industry-specific skills. Our academic programs blend the theoretical with the practical and are designed with industry input, so you?ll graduate with the knowledge and skills employers are seeking. We'll provide you with hands-on learning in small classroom settings, training on industry-specific software, leadership development and community service opportunities, a faculty with significant industry experience, the opportunity to take classes in your major in your first term, innovative concentrations, opportunities to study overseas. One-third of your coursework will consist of arts and sciences classes, so you'll develop the critical thinking, analytical and communications skills necessary for long-term career progression. At our Providence Campus, we also offer graduate programs in education and business.
Top Placements (North Carolina)
Listed among the top community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has declined by 39% over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,255 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,207 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||1,361 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||136|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte is Central Piedmont Community College (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,957 students | 1.60 Mi1201 Elizabeth Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
- 395 students | 2.10 Mi322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
- 486 students | 2.40 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 1,129 students | 5.60 MiThree Lakepointe Plaze, 2110 Water Ridge Parkway
Charlotte,  NC  28217
- 5,777 students | 19.10 Mi201 Hwy 321 S
Dallas,  NC  28034
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.