Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte
- The Charlotte Campus offers bachelors, associate and certificate programs. Located in financial center of the New South, home to 299 Fortune 500 companies, the campus offers links to local, national and global industry in a modern, fast-paced university setting. Our pioneering approach to academics combines classroom education with industry-specific skills. Our academic programs blend the theoretical with the practical and are designed with industry input, so you?ll graduate with the knowledge and skills employers are seeking. We'll provide you with hands-on learning in small classroom settings, training on industry-specific software, leadership development and community service opportunities, a faculty with significant industry experience, the opportunity to take classes in your major in your first term, innovative concentrations, opportunities to study overseas. One-third of your coursework will consist of arts and sciences classes, so you'll develop the critical thinking, analytical and communications skills necessary for long-term career progression. At our Providence Campus, we also offer graduate programs in education and business.
Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,255 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,207 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||1,361 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||136|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte is Central Piedmont Community College (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,957 students | 1.00 Mi1201 Elizabeth Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
- 395 students | 1.60 Mi322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
- 486 students | 1.90 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 1,129 students | 5.40 MiThree Lakepointe Plaze, 2110 Water Ridge Parkway
Charlotte,  NC  28217
- 5,777 students | 20.00 Mi201 Hwy 321 S
Dallas,  NC  28034
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.