Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (866) 598-2427
- The Charlotte Campus offers bachelors, associate and certificate programs. Located in financial center of the New South, home to 299 Fortune 500 companies, the campus offers links to local, national and global industry in a modern, fast-paced university setting. Our pioneering approach to academics combines classroom education with industry-specific skills. Our academic programs blend the theoretical with the practical and are designed with industry input, so you?ll graduate with the knowledge and skills employers are seeking. We'll provide you with hands-on learning in small classroom settings, training on industry-specific software, leadership development and community service opportunities, a faculty with significant industry experience, the opportunity to take classes in your major in your first term, innovative concentrations, opportunities to study overseas. One-third of your coursework will consist of arts and sciences classes, so you'll develop the critical thinking, analytical and communications skills necessary for long-term career progression. At our Providence Campus, we also offer graduate programs in education and business.
Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||144 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte is Central Piedmont Community College (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 18,824 students | 1.00 Mi1201 Elizabeth Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28204
(704) 330-2722 1.0018,824
- 467 students | 1.90 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28203
(704) 355-5043 1.90467
- 5,362 students | 20.00 Mi201 Hwy 321 S
Dallas, NC 28034
(704) 922-6200 20.005,362
- 433 students | 20.10 Mi401 Medical Park Drive
Concord, NC 28025
(704) 403-1555 20.10433
- 4,253 students | 21.90 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 327-8000 21.904,253
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.