- Gaston College, located in Gaston and Lincoln Counties, is an open door, comprehensive, public community college that promotes lifelong learning and economic development through high quality educational programs and services.
- The teacher population of 277 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gaston College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||277 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,777 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,862 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,915 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,600||$27,500|
- Gaston College was granted a charter by the State of North Carolina in 1963 and began its first classes in temporary headquarters in September 1964. The college moved to its permanent campus on Highway 321 between Dallas and Gastonia two months later. Serving both Gaston and Lincoln counties, Gaston College enrolls over 5,000 students each term in curriculum programs and averages over 16,000 students annually in its Continuing Education programs. Part of the North Carolina Community College System, Gaston College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. The twelve major buildings that comprise the Gaston College Dallas campus contain approximately 450,868 square feet and have an estimated current value of $41,385,862. There is an efficient road system and parking for more than 2,000 cars. College facilities (including a 480-seat auditorium) are available for public use and may be scheduled through the Office for Finance and Facilities. Gaston College is a commuter institution and does not have dormitories or housing for rent. The purpose of the Arts and Sciences Division of Gaston College is to provide quality instructional opportunities in college parallel programs for students who intend to transfer to senior institutions and to provide support of technical and occupational program curriculums. The division serves as a community resource and promotes academic articulation with public/private schools, business/industry, and senior institutions. The Liberal Arts and Sciences Division offers a wide range of courses. Among these are art, criminal justice, technology, early childhood education, English, foreign languages, humanities, mathematics, music, the natural sciences, paralegal technology, and the social sciences.
- The nearest community college to Gaston College is The Art Institute of Charlotte (15.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,129 students | 15.80 MiThree Lakepointe Plaze, 2110 Water Ridge Parkway
Charlotte,  NC  28217
- 2,990 students | 17.20 Mi137 S Post Rd
Shelby,  NC  28152
- 2,255 students | 19.10 MiAcademic Center, 801 West Trade Street
Charlotte,  NC  28202
- 486 students | 20.20 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 19,957 students | 20.40 Mi1201 Elizabeth Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204