ITT Technical Institute-Norwood (Norwood - 02062) (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 250% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Norwood (Norwood - 02062)||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||113 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Norwood, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Norwood, Massachusetts opened in June 1990 offering an Electronics Technology program. The school now offers associate degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology. ITT Technical Institute occupies approximately 26,500 square feet of space. The space consists of classrooms, a library, a student lounge, as well as administrative offices. Parking for students, staff and visitors is adjacent to the building. Special facilities for disabled individuals include specially equipped restroom facilities and drinking fountains. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate in applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Norwood (Norwood - 02062) is FINE Mortuary College (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 101 students | 1.30 Mi150 Kerry Place
Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 762-1211 1.30101
- 845 students | 7.90 Mi303 Adams Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 296-8300 7.90845
- 4,368 students | 8.70 Mi50 Oakland St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781) 239-3000 8.704,368
- 636 students | 9.40 Mi129 Fisher Ave
Brookline, MA 02445
(617) 730-7000 9.40636
- 2,007 students | 10.10 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
(617) 427-0060 10.102,007
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.