Illinois Valley Community College
The teacher population of 124 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Illinois Valley Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||124 staff||123 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Illinois Valley Community College is a comprehensive public community college located in Oglesby, IL. The College district covers all and parts of eight counties in North Central Illinois. There are 21 high schools, 24 public and 11 parochial elementary and junior high schools within the College's service area. The college was founded in 1924 as LaSalle-Peru-Oglesby Junior College; renamed Illinois Valley Community College in 1966. IVCC's comprehensive offerings include the following baccalaureate transfer degrees: Associate in arts (A.A.) Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.). An Associate in General Studies (A.G.S.) is also available. IVCC has 24 Career Programs (Associate in Applied Science degrees) designed for employment after two years. A total of 42 certificate programs enable students to gain employment in two years of less. In addition to academic and technical programs, the College offers a comprehensive array of services designed to encourage students' success. Extracurricular activities include 27 clubs and organizations and eight intercollegiate athletic teams. Illinois Valley Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Illinois Valley Community College is Sauk Valley Community College (44.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,211 students | 44.20 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon,  IL  61021
(815) 288-5511 44.202,211
- 4,475 students | 45.50 Mi21193 Malta Rd
Malta,  IL  60150
(815) 825-2086 45.504,475
- 521 students | 45.70 Mi411 W Northmoor Road
Peoria,  IL  61614
(309) 692-4092 45.70521
- 10,296 students | 46.20 Mi1 College Drive
East Peoria,  IL  61635
(309) 694-5422 46.2010,296
- 10,904 students | 46.80 MiRte 47 at Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove,  IL  60554
(630) 466-7900 46.8010,904
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.