Illinois Valley Community College
- Enrollment: 2,413 students
- In-state tuition: $9,733
- Out-state tuition: $10,560
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 23%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Illinois Valley Community College is a comprehensive public community college located in Oglesby, IL. The College district covers all and parts of eight counties in North Central Illinois. There are 21 high schools, 24 public and 11 parochial elementary and junior high schools within the College's service area. The college was founded in 1924 as LaSalle-Peru-Oglesby Junior College; renamed Illinois Valley Community College in 1966. IVCC's comprehensive offerings include the following baccalaureate transfer degrees: Associate in arts (A.A.) Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.). An Associate in General Studies (A.G.S.) is also available. IVCC has 24 Career Programs (Associate in Applied Science degrees) designed for employment after two years. A total of 42 certificate programs enable students to gain employment in two years of less. In addition to academic and technical programs, the College offers a comprehensive array of services designed to encourage students' success. Extracurricular activities include 27 clubs and organizations and eight intercollegiate athletic teams. Illinois Valley Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Illinois Valley Community College cost?
Illinois Valley Community College's tuition is approximately $9,733 for In-State students and $10,560 for Out-State students.