Illinois Valley Community College
- The teacher population of 124 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Illinois Valley Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||124 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,525 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,467 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,058 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Illinois Valley Community College is a comprehensive public community college located in Oglesby, IL. The College district covers all and parts of eight counties in North Central Illinois. There are 21 high schools, 24 public and 11 parochial elementary and junior high schools within the College's service area. The college was founded in 1924 as LaSalle-Peru-Oglesby Junior College; renamed Illinois Valley Community College in 1966. IVCC's comprehensive offerings include the following baccalaureate transfer degrees: Associate in arts (A.A.) Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.). An Associate in General Studies (A.G.S.) is also available. IVCC has 24 Career Programs (Associate in Applied Science degrees) designed for employment after two years. A total of 42 certificate programs enable students to gain employment in two years of less. In addition to academic and technical programs, the College offers a comprehensive array of services designed to encourage students' success. Extracurricular activities include 27 clubs and organizations and eight intercollegiate athletic teams. Illinois Valley Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Illinois Valley Community College is Sauk Valley Community College (42.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,211 students | 42.70 Mi173 Illinois Rt 2
Dixon,  IL  61021
- 4,475 students | 45.40 Mi21193 Malta Rd
Malta,  IL  60150
- 521 students | 45.60 Mi411 W Northmoor Road
Peoria,  IL  61614
- 10,296 students | 46.90 Mi1 College Drive
East Peoria,  IL  61635
- 10,904 students | 47.20 MiRte 47 at Waubonsee Drive
Sugar Grove,  IL  60554
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.