- Ilisagvik College provides quality post-secondary academic, vocational and technical education in a learning environment that perpetuates and strengthens Inupiat culture, values and traditions. It is dedicated to providing well educated and trained individuals who meet the human resource needs of North Slope Employers.
- Enrollment: 232 students
- In-state tuition: $3,340
- Out-state tuition: $3,340
- Student:teacher ratio: 3:1
- Minority enrollment: 83%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Located in the northernmost point of Alaska, Ilisagvik College is a two-year community college offering quality post-secondary academic, vocational and technical education aimed at matching workforce needs. We are dedicated to perpetuating and strengthening Inupiat (Eskimo) culture, language, values and traditions. The North Slope has undergone great changes since the establishment of the North Slope Borough in 1972. In 1986, the North Slope Borough created the North Slope Higher Education Center, a cooperative effort between the North Slope Borough and the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The North Slope Higher Education Board and the North Slope Borough Assembly changed the institution's name to Arctic Sivunmun Ilisagvik College in 1991 to reflect its development into a community college. Arctic Sivunmun Ilisagvik College merged with the Mayor's Workforce Development Program in 1994, adding facilities and resources to support the growing number of vocational education opportunities available at the college. In 1995, the North Slope Borough established by ordinance the Ilisagvik College Corporation, an independent, public, non-profit corporation of the North Slope Borough with full power for governance of the college vested in the Board of Trustees. The Ilisagvik College campus is situated at what was originally the United States Naval Arctic Research Laboratory (NARL). In 1995 this site became the newly renovated main campus for Ilisagvik College through a lease with Ukpiagvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC). The main building on campus houses the residential center, Ilisaqtuat Tukkumaviat and a full-service cafeteria. This building also contains administrative offices, student services, and instructional administration and support. Also located on the main campus is a Recreation Center for students, faculty, and staff. The Heavy Truck, Industrial Safety, Associated Construction Trades, Academic Studies, Computer and Business classes are located in renovated Quonset huts on the main campus grounds. The college offers Associate of Arts Degree, Allied Health Program, Associate of Applied Science Degree, One-Year Certificate, Endorsements, Industry Certified Training and Adult Basic Education / GED. Ilisagvik College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).