- There are 3 community colleges located throughout Alaska (2 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 4,010 students.
- For Alaska community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $2,740 per year for in-state students and $3,940 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $19,700 per year (view national tuition costs).
- Alaska community colleges have a diversity score of 0.71, which is higher than the national average of 0.66 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 59% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 25:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Alaska Community Colleges by Town:
- College Location Students
2221 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 120
Anchorage,  AK 99508
Barrow,  AK 99723
March 10, 2017
Community colleges are not generally known for their athletics programs, but some schools do offer opportunities for student-athletes. In fact, it has been a trending topic this week in March 2017.
March 08, 2017
Starting community college can be very exciting, but don't get too caught up in the excitement! Follow these top ten tips to make the most of your community college education from the very beginning.
March 08, 2017
College is expensive, there is no way around it. But you can save money by attending community college as long as you avoid these top six financial aid mistakes.