Top Alaska Community Colleges
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top community colleges located throughout Alaska (2 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 3,510 students.
- For Alaska community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,340 per year for in-state students and $3,340 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $19,532 per year (view national tuition costs).
- Alaska community colleges have a diversity score of 0.75, which is higher than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 63% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 28:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Top Alaska Community Colleges by Town (2018-19)
- College Location Students
- 2221 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 120
Anchorage,  AK 99508
- Narl Facility
Barrow,  AK 99723
- 303 Lowe Street
Valdez,  AK 99686
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.