Top Alaska Community Colleges
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 top community colleges located throughout Alaska (2 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 3,510 students.
- For Alaska community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,340 per year for in-state students and $3,340 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $19,532 per year (view national tuition costs).
- Alaska community colleges have a diversity score of 0.75, which is higher than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 63% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 28:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Top Alaska Community Colleges by Town (2019-20)
- College Location Students
- 2221 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 120
Anchorage,  AK 99508
- Narl Facility
Barrow,  AK 99723
- 303 Lowe Street
Valdez,  AK 99686
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.