Top Alaska Community Colleges
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top community colleges located throughout Alaska (2 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 3,510 students.
- For Alaska community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,340 per year for in-state students and $3,340 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $19,532 per year (view national tuition costs).
- Alaska community colleges have a diversity score of 0.75, which is higher than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 63% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 28:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Top Alaska Community Colleges by Town (2020)
- College Location Students
- 2221 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 120
Anchorage,  AK 99508
- Narl Facility
Barrow,  AK 99723
- 303 Lowe Street
Valdez,  AK 99686
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.