Top Alaska Community Colleges
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 top community colleges located throughout Alaska (2 public colleges and 1 private colleges), serving 3,510 students.
- For Alaska community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,340 per year for in-state students and $3,340 for out-of-state students. For private community colleges, the average yearly tuition is approximately $19,532 per year (view national tuition costs).
- Alaska community colleges have a diversity score of 0.75, which is higher than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 63% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 28:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Top Alaska Community Colleges by Town (2019-20)
- College Location Students
- 2221 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 120
Anchorage,  AK 99508
- Narl Facility
Barrow,  AK 99723
- 303 Lowe Street
Valdez,  AK 99686
Due to the tremendously growing demand in the field, new solar technology labs and training programs are opening at schools across the country.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.