Wichita State University-Campus Of Applied Sciences And Technology
Tel: (316) 677-9400
- Wichita Area Technical College (WATC) has been delivering excellence in education since 1965. WATC continues to build on this tradition with quality instructors, talented students and state-of-the-art technical equipment. Together, these elements help create a hands-on learning environment that promotes participation and prepares students for further education and/or career experiences. The mission of WATC is to provide quality higher education and leadership in workforce training that supports economic development for a global economy. WATC will be the leading provider of higher education, specializing in the delivery of career technical education, utilizing state of-the-art facilities with highly qualified faculty, and offering a competitive advantage that drives economic development in the region.
The teacher population of 149 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wichita State University-Campus Of Applied Sciences And Technology||(KS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||149 staff||66 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Wichita State University-Campus Of Applied Sciences And Technology is National American University-Wichita (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 95 students | 2.80 Mi7309 E 21st Street North, Suite G-40
Wichita,  KS  67206
(316) 448-5400 2.8095
- 8,374 students | 18.90 Mi901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado,  KS  67042
(316) 321-2222 18.908,374
- 419 students | 28.50 Mi301 South Main
Hesston,  KS  67062
(620) 327-4221 28.50419
- 5,574 students | 43.60 Mi1300 N Plum St
Hutchinson,  KS  67501
(620) 665-3500 43.605,574
- 726 students | 48.00 Mi1200 S Main
McPherson,  KS  67460
(620) 241-0723 48.00726
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.