- The mission of the school is to inspire creativity and innovation through education, immersive professional experiences, and social engagement.
Hussian College-Philadelphia serves 101 students (89% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 101 students
- Private-state tuition: $21,990
- Acceptance Rate: 53%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 60%
- Source: Verified school update
Hussian College-Philadelphia ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 125% over five years.
(PA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Hussian College-Philadelphia has grown by 94% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five years.
The Hussian College-Philadelphia diversity score of 0.65 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $21,990 is more than the state average of $17,669. The private state tuition has grown by 11% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Reading (Year 2017)
SAT Math (Year 2017)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- The Hussian College is a four-year professional career school dedicated exclusively to the Graphic Arts. Our main objectives are: to give students as much real world experience as possible before they ever look for a job; and to ensure each student receives a well-rounded, well-founded design and illustration education that integrates the best of traditional media with the exciting possibilities of evolving new media. The college offers an Art curriculum in Graphic Design, Digital Media and Visual Communications. First year includes basic foundation courses to develop a comprehensive understanding of the theory, vocabulary and techniques common to all visual arts. In the second year, Intermediate and Advanced courses are covered to further enhance a working knowledge of the tools, equipment, technology and elements of problem-solving in design. In the third year student focus on major; Advertising or Illustration. In the fourth year full concentration on Advertising or Illustration major. Courses emphasize refinement of creative and artistic skills and preparation of professional portfolio. Hussian College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hussian College-Philadelphia cost?
Hussian College-Philadelphia's private state tuition is approximately $21,990.
What schools are Hussian College-Philadelphia often compared to?
Hussian College-Philadelphiais often viewed alongside schools like Peirce College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Hussian College-Philadelphia?
The acceptance rate of Hussian College-Philadelphia is 53%, which is lower than the state average of 85%. Hussian College-Philadelphia's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in Pennsylvania with low acceptance rates.
What is Hussian College-Philadelphia's ranking?
Hussian College-Philadelphia ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Lowest acceptance rates, Diversity in US community colleges and Average community college minority breakdown.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.