Housatonic Community College Photo #2 - Housatonic Community College students enjoy a break between classes.
- Housatonic Community College, located in Bridgeport, Conn. serves an 11 town area in Southwestern Conn. and is part of the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities system. Housatonic opened its doors in 1976. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education.ï¿½ HCC is a learner-centered, technology-rich institution that emposers individuals to develop to their full potential.
Housatonic Community College serves 3,821 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is more than the state average of 47%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,821 students
- In-state tuition: $3,786
- Out-state tuition: $11,318
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 70%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Housatonic Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
The teacher population of 292 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
Housatonic Community College
(CT) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Housatonic Community College has declined by 25% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Housatonic Community College diversity score of 0.71 is more than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,786 is less than the state average of $5,329. The in-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $11,318 is less than the state average of $15,711. The out-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Housatonic Community College offers a variety of associates degree and certificate programs and program options to prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a degree. Most students are able to complete their first two years of college at HCC. Other students are prepared for employment or advancement in business, health care, technology, engineering, social and human service careers. For more information on degree and certificate programs go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/academics Housatonic Community College strives to provide high quality, accessible instructional, and student services within an environment of mutual respect among faculty, staff, and students. These services are provided through an open-door admissions policy, at affordable cost, in a variety of settings (including online), and through a variety of teaching methods. CONTINUING EDUCATION offers non-credit, short-duration courses, certificates, and special certification programs to assist individuals in the community with professional goals or to personally enrich their own lives. Programs are also designed in response to the needs and requests of local business and industry. For more information go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/ContEd Housatonic offers ONLINE and HYBRID classes (hybrid is a mix of both in person and online). For more information on online classes go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/webct/DL.ï¿½ Housatonic is an affirmative action // equal opportunity institution.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Housatonic Community College cost?
Housatonic Community College's tuition is approximately $3,786 for In-State students and $11,318 for Out-State students.
What schools are Housatonic Community College often compared to?
Housatonic Community Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Gateway Community College - New Haven by visitors of our site.
What is Housatonic Community College's ranking?
Housatonic Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Connecticut for: Least expensive tuition and Average community college minority breakdown.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.