Housatonic Community College
- Housatonic Community College, located in Bridgeport, Conn. serves an 11 town area in Southwestern Conn. and is part of the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities system. Housatonic opened its doors in 1976. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education. HCC is a learner-centered, technology-rich institution that emposers individuals to develop to their full potential.
- The teacher population of 343 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Housatonic Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||343 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,288 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,836 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,452 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$35,100|
- Housatonic Community College offers a variety of associates degree and certificate programs and program options to prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a degree. Most students are able to complete their first two years of college at HCC. Other students are prepared for employment or advancement in business, health care, technology, engineering, social and human service careers. For more information on degree and certificate programs go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/academics Housatonic Community College strives to provide high quality, accessible instructional, and student services within an environment of mutual respect among faculty, staff, and students. These services are provided through an open-door admissions policy, at affordable cost, in a variety of settings (including online), and through a variety of teaching methods. CONTINUING EDUCATION offers non-credit, short-duration courses, certificates, and special certification programs to assist individuals in the community with professional goals or to personally enrich their own lives. Programs are also designed in response to the needs and requests of local business and industry. For more information go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/ContEd Housatonic offers ONLINE and HYBRID classes (hybrid is a mix of both in person and online). For more information on online classes go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/webct/DL. Housatonic is an affirmative action // equal opportunity institution.
- The nearest community college to Housatonic Community College is St Vincent's College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 751 students | 1.90 Mi2800 Main St
Bridgeport,  CT  06606
- 6,363 students | 14.30 Mi188 Richards Avenue
Norwalk,  CT  06854
- 7,063 students | 16.40 Mi20 Church Street
New Haven,  CT  06510
- 61 students | 19.50 Mi132 Prospect St
Stamford,  CT  06901
- 1,485 students | 19.80 MiOne University Place
Stamford,  CT  06901