- Housatonic Community College, located in Bridgeport, Conn. serves an 11 town area in Southwestern Conn. and is part of the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities system. Housatonic opened its doors in 1976. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education.ï¿½ HCC is a learner-centered, technology-rich institution that emposers individuals to develop to their full potential.
- Enrollment: 3,821 students
- In-state tuition: $3,786
- Out-state tuition: $11,318
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 70%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Housatonic Community College offers a variety of associates degree and certificate programs and program options to prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a degree. Most students are able to complete their first two years of college at HCC. Other students are prepared for employment or advancement in business, health care, technology, engineering, social and human service careers. For more information on degree and certificate programs go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/academics Housatonic Community College strives to provide high quality, accessible instructional, and student services within an environment of mutual respect among faculty, staff, and students. These services are provided through an open-door admissions policy, at affordable cost, in a variety of settings (including online), and through a variety of teaching methods. CONTINUING EDUCATION offers non-credit, short-duration courses, certificates, and special certification programs to assist individuals in the community with professional goals or to personally enrich their own lives. Programs are also designed in response to the needs and requests of local business and industry. For more information go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/ContEd Housatonic offers ONLINE and HYBRID classes (hybrid is a mix of both in person and online). For more information on online classes go to: www.hcc.commnet.edu/webct/DL.ï¿½ Housatonic is an affirmative action // equal opportunity institution.