Norwalk Community College
- Norwalk Community College is a leader and partner in the academic, economic and cultural life of Southwest Fairfield County, providing comprehensive, accessible, innovative and affordable learning to diverse populations.
- The teacher population of 193 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Norwalk Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||193 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,363 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,258 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,105 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,300||$35,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Norwalk Community College is a leader and partner in the academic, economic and cultural life of Southwest Fairfield County, providing comprehensive, accessible, innovative and affordable learning to diverse populations. We offer nearly a thousand credit and non-credit courses, which can be taken in pursuit of a degree, certificate or certification, or for personal and professional enrichment. The College also offers child care for infants and toddlers through its Child Development Lab School, a weekend “jump start” program for people wishing to finish their undergraduate degrees and a College for Kids program for elementary and secondary school students. Our academic programs prepare students for ready transfer to many baccalaureate institutions, and our Lifetime Learners Institute is one of the largest groups of active seniors in retirement in the country. As a high-technology training center and learning institution from which students can either enter the workforce or proceed to four-year colleges, NCC possesses an outstanding physical plant and modern, up-to-date facilities. We believe in providing students with hands-on experience in a variety of real-world settings, all of which have been faithfully replicated at the College. From computer labs to electrical engineering laboratories, fine arts and graphic design studios to television studios, culinary arts kitchens to hospitality suites, NCC has the latest and most modern class environments in which to learn. NCC has a full range of athletic facilities, including a gymnasium, a fitness center and an aerobic workout center - The Panthers' Den. With separate Men's and Women's locker rooms and shower facilities, NCC's athletic department helps students maintain their physical well-being while they develop their minds.
- The nearest community college to Norwalk Community College is Bais Binyomin Academy (5.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 61 students | 5.20 Mi132 Prospect St
Stamford,  CT  06901
- 1,485 students | 5.80 MiOne University Place
Stamford,  CT  06901
- 5,288 students | 14.40 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport,  CT  06604
- 751 students | 14.60 Mi2800 Main St
Bridgeport,  CT  06606
- 625 students | 17.10 Mi99 church street
White Plains,  NY  10601
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.