Bais Binyomin Academy
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bais Binyomin Academy||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||61 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||61 students||971 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||100||204|
|% Non Resident races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bais Binyomin Academy is University of Connecticut-Stamford (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,485 students | 0.40 MiOne University Place
Stamford,  CT  06901
- 6,363 students | 5.30 Mi188 Richards Avenue
Norwalk,  CT  06854
- 625 students | 12.30 Mi99 church street
White Plains,  NY  10601
- 916 students | 13.10 Mi325 Central Ave
White Plains,  NY  10606
- 13,916 students | 13.30 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY  10595
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.