Gateway Community College (New Haven)
- Gateway Community College offers high-quality instruction and comprehensive services in an environment conducive to learning. We respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological, and cultural needs of a diverse population.
- The teacher population of 636 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gateway Community College (New Haven)||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||636 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,063 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,070 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,993 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$35,100|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gateway Community College is located in beautiful downtown New Haven with a satelite campus containing the Automotive division in North Haven. The college offers over 70 academic programs or program options that lead to either associate in arts, associate in science, or associate in applied science degrees, or certificates. Courses are offered at convenient times for both full-time and part-time study during the day, evenings and Saturday mornings. The Gateway faculty ranks among the finest educators in Connecticut.The community also benefits from numerous continuing education, credit-free offerings. Gateway Community College is licensed and accredited by the Board of Regents for Higher Education in Connecticut. The college also is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The Gateway Community College service area includes the following: Bethany, Branford, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, West Haven and Woodbridge.The Center for Educational Services (CES) provides academic support services for students. The CES provides a wide range of self-paced, graded curriculum materials, tutorial assistance and related services to help students become better skilled in selected areas. Video and computer assisted tutorials are especially useful for review and practice of basic skills, math, English and the sciences.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Gateway Community College (New Haven) is St Vincent's College (15.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 751 students | 15.60 Mi2800 Main St
Bridgeport,  CT  06606
- 5,288 students | 15.80 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport,  CT  06604
- 2,384 students | 19.50 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
- 7,102 students | 19.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury,  CT  06708
- 715 students | 23.70 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.