Gateway Community College (New Haven)
- Gateway Community College offers high-quality instruction and comprehensive services in an environment conducive to learning. We respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological, and cultural needs of a diverse population.
- The teacher population of 636 teachers has grown by 211% over five years.
|Gateway Community College (New Haven)||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||636 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,186 students||2,814 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,689 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,497 students||1,843 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.71||0.66|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$35,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gateway Community College is located in beautiful downtown New Haven with a satelite campus containing the Automotive division in North Haven. The college offers over 70 academic programs or program options that lead to either associate in arts, associate in science, or associate in applied science degrees, or certificates. Courses are offered at convenient times for both full-time and part-time study during the day, evenings and Saturday mornings. The Gateway faculty ranks among the finest educators in Connecticut.The community also benefits from numerous continuing education, credit-free offerings. Gateway Community College is licensed and accredited by the Board of Regents for Higher Education in Connecticut. The college also is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The Gateway Community College service area includes the following: Bethany, Branford, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, West Haven and Woodbridge.The Center for Educational Services (CES) provides academic support services for students. The CES provides a wide range of self-paced, graded curriculum materials, tutorial assistance and related services to help students become better skilled in selected areas. Video and computer assisted tutorials are especially useful for review and practice of basic skills, math, English and the sciences.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 751 students | 15.60 Mi2800 Main St
Bridgeport,  CT  06606
- 5,288 students | 15.80 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport,  CT  06604
- 2,384 students | 19.50 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
- 7,102 students | 19.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury,  CT  06708
- 715 students | 23.70 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.