Gateway Community College (New Haven)
- Gateway Community College offers high-quality instruction and comprehensive services in an environment conducive to learning. We respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological, and cultural needs of a diverse population.
The teacher population of 636 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gateway Community College (New Haven)||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||636 staff||71 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gateway Community College is located in beautiful downtown New Haven with a satelite campus containing the Automotive division in North Haven. The college offers over 70 academic programs or program options that lead to either associate in arts, associate in science, or associate in applied science degrees, or certificates. Courses are offered at convenient times for both full-time and part-time study during the day, evenings and Saturday mornings. The Gateway faculty ranks among the finest educators in Connecticut.The community also benefits from numerous continuing education, credit-free offerings. Gateway Community College is licensed and accredited by the Board of Regents for Higher Education in Connecticut. The college also is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The Gateway Community College service area includes the following: Bethany, Branford, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, West Haven and Woodbridge.The Center for Educational Services (CES) provides academic support services for students. The CES provides a wide range of self-paced, graded curriculum materials, tutorial assistance and related services to help students become better skilled in selected areas. Video and computer assisted tutorials are especially useful for review and practice of basic skills, math, English and the sciences.
The nearest community college to Gateway Community College (New Haven) is St Vincent's College (15.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 751 students | 15.90 Mi2800 Main St
Bridgeport,  CT  06606
(203) 576-5235 15.90751
- 5,288 students | 16.40 Mi900 Lafayette Blvd
Bridgeport,  CT  06604
(203) 332-5000 16.405,288
- 2,384 students | 18.30 Mi99 East Main Street
Waterbury,  CT  06702
(860) 486-2000 18.302,384
- 7,102 students | 18.60 Mi750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury,  CT  06708
(203) 575-8040 18.607,102
- 715 students | 22.50 Mi2279 Mount Vernon Road
Southington,  CT  06489
(860) 628-4751 22.50715
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!