- Gateway Community College offers high-quality instruction and comprehensive services in an environment conducive to learning. We respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological, and cultural needs of a diverse population.
Gateway Community College - New Haven serves 6,003 students (32% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is more than the state average of 47%.
- Enrollment: 6,003 students
- In-state tuition: $4,460
- Out-state tuition: $13,300
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 53%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 391 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
Gateway Community College - New Haven
(CT) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Gateway Community College - New Haven has declined by 14% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five years.
The Gateway Community College - New Haven diversity score of 0.70 is more than the state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,460 is less than the state average of $5,329. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $13,300 is less than the state average of $15,711. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Gateway Community College is located in beautiful downtown New Haven with a satelite campus containing the Automotive division in North Haven. The college offers over 70 academic programs or program options that lead to either associate in arts, associate in science, or associate in applied science degrees, or certificates. Courses are offered at convenient times for both full-time and part-time study during the day, evenings and Saturday mornings. The Gateway faculty ranks among the finest educators in Connecticut.The community also benefits from numerous continuing education, credit-free offerings. Gateway Community College is licensed and accredited by the Board of Regents for Higher Education in Connecticut. The college also is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The Gateway Community College service area includes the following: Bethany, Branford, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, West Haven and Woodbridge.The Center for Educational Services (CES) provides academic support services for students. The CES provides a wide range of self-paced, graded curriculum materials, tutorial assistance and related services to help students become better skilled in selected areas. Video and computer assisted tutorials are especially useful for review and practice of basic skills, math, English and the sciences.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gateway Community College - New Haven cost?
Gateway Community College - New Haven's tuition is approximately $4,460 for In-State students and $13,300 for Out-State students.
What sports does Gateway Community College - New Haven offer?
Gateway Community College - New Haven offers 1 interscholastic sports: Basketball.
What is Gateway Community College - New Haven's ranking?
Gateway Community College - New Haven ranks among the top 20% of community college in Connecticut for: Largest student body.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.