Browse past news stories for Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport, CT.
- New at Housatonic Community College This Fall - CT Post
posted on July 13, 2016 at 06:15:54 pm
BRIDGEPORT — Students starting classes this fall at Housatonic Community College will find things are different. The most visible will be that their ...
- Housatonic Community College offers free summer prep for courses - CT Post
posted on June 9, 2016 at 04:53:59 pm
Bridgeport — Students entering Housatonic Community College in the fall can get a head start on their studies by taking advantage of Jumpstart, a computer-based mat ...
- Housatonic Community College students engage in NASA CT Space Challenge - Bridgeport News
posted on May 17, 2016 at 05:12:58 pm
Team members Chris Torok, Nick Saint, Brandon D'Agostino, Nichole Dineson and Blake Bennett. The team assembled the quadcopter, designed and 3D printed the rotor protection, and integr ...
- Housatonic Community College STEAM Students Present Research - CT Post
posted on May 5, 2016 at 09:34:55 pm
BRIDGEPORT — Students in Housatonic Community College's Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) programs will show off their work to th ...
- One book, and its author, comes to Housatonic Community College - CT Post
posted on March 23, 2016 at 01:10:01 pm
BRIDGEPORT — The assignment since this fall for all faculty, staff and students at Housatonic Community College has been to read Laura McBride's novel, “ ...
- Housatonic Community College senior students exhibit art - Bridgeport News
posted on March 21, 2016 at 05:03:12 pm
Seven senior HCC art students have their work on exhibit on the 3rd floor “Wall,” an art area space in Beacon Hall. The paintings will be on exhibit until ...
- Housatonic Community College Celebrates As Bridgeport Campus Grows - Daily Voice
posted on March 11, 2016 at 10:34:45 am
School and city officials break ground Thursday at Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport. Photo Credit: Skip Pearlman Board of Regents President Mark E. Ojakian spea ...
- Housatonic Community College hosts lecture on women poets - Bridgeport News
posted on March 10, 2016 at 08:14:19 pm
Housatonic Community College's lecturer in English Mark Lamoureux will give a talk on women poets who also run small publishing presses, the topic of the 2nd Women ...
- Housatonic Community College Winter Session Starts Dec. 28 - CT Post
posted on December 17, 2015 at 03:37:37 pm
BRIDGEPORT — Students can pick up three or four college credits in just a few weeks during Housatonic Community College's Winter Session. The session starts o ...
- $37.5 million Housatonic Community College expansion to break ground - CT Post
posted on November 26, 2015 at 05:04:37 am
BRIDGEPORT — Construction has started on a $37.5 million expansion to Housatonic Community College, which will change the way students enter Lafayette Hall, starting Nov. 30. Students returning from Thanksgiving break will ...
- Housatonic Community College begins major expansion - Trumbull Times
posted on November 24, 2015 at 06:15:29 pm
Construction has started for the expansion and renovation to Lafayette Hall at Housatonic Community College. The Bridgeport community college moved from its location in the former Singer Metric Building at 510 Barnum Ave ...
- Housatonic Community College Selects New President From SUNY Campus - The Daily Voice
posted on December 23, 2014 at 10:00:21 am
“We are very excited here at Housatonic of Dr. Broadie being named the new president,” said Housatonic Community College spokesman Anson C. Smith. “Many ...
- New Housatonic Community College president named - New Haven Register
posted on December 20, 2014 at 11:33:10 pm
Broadie has worked for SUNY Orange County Community College since 2005. Gregory Gray, president of the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education, said Broadie b ...
- Paul Broadie named Housatonic Community College president - Westfair Online
posted on December 19, 2014 at 04:38:24 pm
Paul Broadie II will be the next president of Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport, officials with the state Board of Regents for Higher Education announce ...
- Paul Broadie II selected president of Housatonic Community College - New Haven Register
posted on December 18, 2014 at 05:26:54 pm
Hartford Business“My keen passion for the enhancement of student engagement and learning — as well as my experience in expanding access to high quality educational programs — has drawn me to Housatonic Community College,” said Broadie in the release. “I welcome ...New preside ...
- Housatonic Community College launches Manufacturing Hall of Fame - New Haven Register
posted on July 16, 2014 at 12:52:18 am
BRIDGEPORT >> Housatonic Community College is launching a manufacturing hall of fame in a bid to give its two-year-old advanced manufacturing program a higher profile and more cash to support its growth. The school celebrat ...
May 20, 2017
Corrosion technology is one of the hottest new industries community colleges are training for. Currently, only a handful of schools offer a program, but the field is open for new graduates.
May 20, 2017
A recent report revealed that many California community college students take twice as long to get an associate’s degree as is normally required. While community college is less expensive than attending a four-year institution, students who drag out their degree programs lose much of that savings in additional tuition, fees, textbooks, and lost wages. In this article, we examine the reasons why some students take so long to graduate.
May 20, 2017
We take a look at the latest annual college rankings from Washington Monthly, which provide a list of the top community colleges in the country as well as four-year schools.