Lawson State Community College
- Lawson State Community College is a comprehensive, public, two-year, multi-campus college, which seeks to provide accessible quality educational opportunities, promote economic growth and enhance the quality of life for people in its service area. The College is dedicated to providing affordable and accessible lifelong learning opportunities in order to prepare students for employment or career advancement, enable students to transfer to senior colleges and universities, and provide customized training needs for business and industry.
- Enrollment: 2,823 students
- In-state tuition: $4,290
- Out-state tuition: $7,710
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 78%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Birmingham Campus is located at 3060 Wilson Road, Southwest in Birmingham, Alabama. The West Campus, located on the northern side of Wilson Road, consists of six buildings on 45 acres of land. Students are advised and encouraged to participate in annual activities designed to set the cultural, spiritual, moral, and academic tone of the institution. Such activities include: SGA Election, Installation of SGA Officers Convocations, Annual Christmas Musical, Afro-American History Month, Career Day, Blue and Gold Week, Blood Drive, Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration, Vocational Education Week, Health Fair, Homecoming, Art Exhibition, Honors Convocation, Graduate/Alumni Banquet, President's Brunch, and Commencement. Lawson State is committed to providing quality intercollegiate and intramural programs designed to foster the personal growth of each student. These programs encourage individual and team achievement and strive to enhance the academic success, social development, and physical and emotional well being of each student. There are a variety of athletics and recreational facilities available for students. The Arthur Shores Fine Arts Building is equipped with a modern fitness center, hardwood court gym, swimming pool, and locker facilities. Students may participate in basketball, baseball, volleyball, field and track, cross-country, tennis, golf and swimming. Job Placement and the Career Education Center function as a bridge between the student's academic preparation and the world of work. The Center has numerous activities, including career counseling, maintaining a career information library, receiving and publishing job vacancy notices, arranging for prospective employers to visit the campus, interviewing applicants, mailing students credentials to prospective employers, and publicizing campus interviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lawson State Community College cost?
Lawson State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,290 for In-State students and $7,710 for Out-State students.
What is Lawson State Community College's ranking?
Lawson State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Average community college minority breakdown.