Gwinnett Technical College News
Browse past news stories for Gwinnett Technical College in Lawrenceville, GA.
- WalletHub Ranks Gwinnett Technical College #1 Community College in Georgia - Patch.com
GWINNETT/NORTH FULTON – As the cost of higher learning continues to climb, students and parents today are weighing the value of a college education and ultimate return on investme ...
- Gwinnett Technical College to host open house tonight at Alpharetta campus - MDJOnline.com
The quick admit option offers students who bring with them, all of the required admissions documents to complete the application process and be admitted that night. N ...
- Year Up Atlanta Partners with Gwinnett Technical College to Help Meet Market Demand for Skilled Talent - PR Web (press release)
Continuing to scale its innovative and effective approach to job training, Year Up Atlanta announced today its partnership with Gwinnett Technical College to help meet market demand for skilled entry-level ...
- Deutz Partners with Gwinnett Technical College to Educate Diesel Engine Technicians - Rental Equipment Register (registration)
Deutz staff presents a check and seven diesel engines to Gwinnett Technical College. From left: Mike Price, general manager, Nidec Elesys Americas Corp. and Gwinnett Tech Foundation chair; Robert Mann, president and CEO, DEUTZ Corp.; Dr. D. Glenn ...DEUTZ Corporation and G ...
- Gwinnett Technical College hiring for part-time faculty - Atlanta Journal Constitution
Both fairs are scheduled to run 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.. Gwinnett Technical College is the state's third largest technical college. The colleges offers more than 150 progra ...
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.