Tel: (770) 381-7200
- Gwinnett College was founded in July, 1976, by its past president Ruby B. Jackson, as an answer to the tremendous growth being experienced in the North Atlanta, Georgia area and by Gwinnett County in particular. The mission of Gwinnett College is to provide diploma and associate degree higher education programs. These programs of high quality are designed to prepare a diverse student population to meet the needs of employees in the legal, medical, and business fields. The career-oriented degree programs contain up-to-date and integrated general education curriculum to provide for a well-rounded academic experience. GC has its goal of preparing students academically, intellectually, personally, and professionally for successful careers and advancement. Today, we continue to focus on a superior education for our students. Our goals are simple. We want students who start school to finish. We want students who finish school to go to work. We want students who go to work to advance in life as well as in their jobs. Our recent expansions are helping us realize our goals for even more students.
- For disclosures please see https://www.gwinnettcollege.edu/title-ix-disclosures/
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|Gwinnett College-Lilburn||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||209 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Gwinnett College-Lilburn is Gwinnett Technical College (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,539 students | 5.40 Mi5150 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
(770) 962-7580 5.409,539
- 56 students | 8.00 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker, GA 30084
(470) 259-4514 8.0056
- 3,406 students | 10.00 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston, GA 30021
(404) 297-9522 10.003,406
- 568 students | 10.40 Mi5303 New Peachtree Rd
Chamblee, GA 30341
(770) 216-2960 10.40568
- 428 students | 13.20 Mi1140 Hammond Dr Ste A-1150
Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 576-4498 13.20428
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.