- Gwinnett College was founded in July, 1976, by its past president Ruby B. Jackson, as an answer to the tremendous growth being experienced in the North Atlanta, Georgia area and by Gwinnett County in particular. The mission of Gwinnett College is to provide diploma and associate degree higher education programs. These programs of high quality are designed to prepare a diverse student population to meet the needs of employees in the legal, medical, and business fields. The career-oriented degree programs contain up-to-date and integrated general education curriculum to provide for a well-rounded academic experience. GC has its goal of preparing students academically, intellectually, personally, and professionally for successful careers and advancement. Today, we continue to focus on a superior education for our students. Our goals are simple. We want students who start school to finish. We want students who finish school to go to work. We want students who go to work to advance in life as well as in their jobs. Our recent expansions are helping us realize our goals for even more students.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gwinnett College-Lilburn||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||108 staff|
|Total Enrollment||325 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||143 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||182 students||1,473 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,234 students | 5.40 Mi5150 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville,  GA  30043
- 1,170 students | 7.90 Mi1927 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker,  GA  30084
- 4,050 students | 10.00 Mi495 N Indian Creek Dr
Clarkston,  GA  30021
- 346 students | 10.20 Mi5303 New Peachtree Rd
Atlanta,  GA  30341
- 919 students | 12.30 Mi4370 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta,  GA  30319
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.