Tel: (619) 660-4000
- Since 1978, Cuyamaca College has provided a solid education to students, whether theyï¿½re beginning their university degree at Cuyamaca, returning to school to launch a career or to acquire new skills or enrolling in an innovative occupational program. With its vision of ï¿½Learning for the Future,ï¿½ Cuyamaca College offers a wide scope of challenging courses, from drafting technology and child development to paralegal training, from computer and information science or ornamental horticulture to automotive technology. With 49 degree programs and 46 certificates offered at Cuyamaca College, learning opportunities abound under the tutelage of highly-qualified, dynamic instructors imbued with a love of teaching.
The teacher population of 192 teachers has grown by 14% over five years.
|Cuyamaca College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||192 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cuyamaca College is located in the community of Rancho San Diego at 900 Ranch San Diego Parkway in the City of El Cajon on a 165-acre site which was at one time a part of the Old Monte Vista Ranch. Cuyamaca College is one of two colleges serving the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. The building site was acquired by the Board of Trustees in September 1972, and the College officially opened in the Fall of 1978. The second phase of buildings was completed in January 1980. In 1989, the Learning Resource Center opened. The campus consists of eight classroom buildings and is also the site of the Heritage of the Americas Museum and the Water Conservation Garden. In the Spring of 1995, Rancho San Diego Parkway, the Fury Lane entrance road, was completed providing students easier access to the College. In the Fall of 1995, the College dedicated a new 20.3 acre physical education facility with a fitness center, gym, tennis and volleyball courts, soccer and ball fields and an olympic track. Construction implementation is occurring on an incremental basis in response to the growing community surrounding the College and to meet the educational needs in the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. The College is designed to provide a comprehensive curriculum of programs and course of study, and when completed, will accommodate an enrollment of approximately 15,000 students in 2015. The mission of Cuyamaca College's Financial Aid Office is to ensure access and eliminate financial barriers to post-secondary education for all eligible students, by providing student centered support services that will promote student success, persistence, retention, equal educational opportunities and enable them to fully develop their individual potential.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 17,835 students | 6.40 Mi8800 Grossmont College Dr
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 644-7000 6.4017,835
- 145 students | 7.30 Mi6250 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 265-0107 7.30145
- 18,569 students | 7.80 Mi900 Otay Lakes Rd.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 421-6700 7.8018,569
- 664 students | 9.80 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92113
(619) 688-0800 9.80664
- 551 students | 12.20 Mi780 Bay Blvd Suite101
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 425-3200 12.20551
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.