Gogebic Community College
Gogebic Community College Photo #3 - Rutger Erickson Academic Building on Gogebic Community College's main campus in Ironwood, Michigan.
- GCC's state of the art campus on beautiful Mt. Zion sets the stage for mind clearing and big thinking. For over 85 years, we have been the small campus with the big commitment to your rewarding future offering over 55 associate degree and certificate programs! Where else can you fish the Lake Superior shores in the morning and hit the slopes by noon?
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gogebic Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||34 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,047 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||510 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||477 students||1,914 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||288|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,500||$30,600|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ADAPT, Chieftain, Phi Theta Kappa, Religious Christian Groups, Student Senate
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gogebic Community College was founded in 1932 and is a public, 2 year community college. It is situated at the corner of Jackson Road and Greenbush Street on the southeast slope of Mt. Zion. The principal classroom buildings are the Rutger Erickson Academic Building, the Carl Kleimola Technical Center, and the Jacob Solin Center for Business Education. The three buildings are connected by walkways on two floors and surround a courtyard. In addition to classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices, each building houses facilities and services for instructional support and student activities. A fourth building, the David G. Lindquist Student and Conference Center, is a focal point for student activities on campus and contains a gymnasium, walking track, weight rooms, lounges, snack bar, and more. We offer excellent academic programs that transfer to baccalaureate institutions, career training programs, courses that will stimulate your imagination and personal growth. Whether you are making the initial transition to higher learning or coming back for continuing educational development, the college is focused on furthering your success. The college is accreditated by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Campus Suites Student Housing is located adjacent to the Lindquist Student and Conference Center and provides an opportunity for students to live on campus while attending GCC. Mt. Zion Winter Recreation Area is located on campus. GCC students with 6 credits or more ski free!
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Gogebic Community College is Baker College of Jackson (5.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,937 students | 5.50 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson,  MI  49202
- 5,487 students | 13.30 Mi2111 Emmons Rd
Jackson,  MI  49201
- 16,031 students | 27.20 Mi419 N Capitol Ave
Lansing,  MI  48901
- 5,929 students | 38.80 Mi450 North Ave
Battle Creek,  MI  49017
- 12,295 students | 39.40 Mi4800 E Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor,  MI  48105
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.