Glendale Community College
- Glendale Community College (GCC) offers you student clubs of all kinds, student government opportunities, cultural performances all year, an internationally known forensics team and wonderful athletics programs. There is an abundance of information here about the 1,000+ courses we offer, the myriad university transfer degrees you can begin here, and the 50 associates degrees or 50 certificates you can pursue. Every faculty and staff member at GCC is here to serve you in some way, and all of us look forward to helping you reach your true potential in the classroom, in extracurricular activities outside the classroom, and in your world beyond college.
The teacher population of 522 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Glendale Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||522 staff||140 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Glendale Community College (GCC) keeps pace with the constant growth of the West Valley, offering increased breadth and depth of educational opportunity. Each year, more than 40,000 students enroll in dozens of courses and degree and certificate programs at one of three GCC locations, making the College's enrollment the second largest in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). More than 319,000 students have completed associate degrees, certificate programs, industry-specific training and university transfer courses.Located at 59th and Olive Avenues, the GCC main campus spans 147 acres and serves as a focal point for diverse community activities. The College offers a friendly, welcoming environment for learning. A dynamic, future-oriented Facilities Master Plan guides the ongoing development of GCC main campus to accommodate the changing needs and interests of thousands more students and community members.Glendale Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.Students, including teens, business employees, community residents, and retirees, are attracted by the small classes, professional instructors, ideal location, affordable tuition and flexible course offerings. GCC is hallmarked by its High Tech Complex and sophisticated technology used to enhance student learning.
The nearest community college to Glendale Community College is Arizona College-Glendale (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 428 students | 2.10 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale, AZ 85302
(602) 222-9300 2.10428
- 475 students | 4.30 Mi8503 N. 27th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602) 393-5900 4.30475
- 1,251 students | 4.50 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602) 242-6265 4.501,251
- 648 students | 4.80 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix, AZ 85029
(602) 337-3044 4.80648
- 10,959 students | 8.30 Mi1202 W Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85013
(602) 264-2492 8.3010,959
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?