Aiken Technical College
- Aiken Technical College is a public open-door two-year comprehensive institution of higher education established to provide the citizens of greater Aiken County opportunities for educational, economic, professional, social and personal development. The College educates and trains students to provide an effective work force to support economic growth and community stability through its focus on teaching and community service.
- Enrollment: 1,925 students
- In-state tuition: $4,132
- Out-state tuition: $9,489
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- ATC is one of the 16 schools in the South Carolina Technical College System. Aiken Technical College designs its programs and activities to maximize your success. Academic programs, Distance Learning courses, continuing education through Workforce and Business Development and a variety of student activities — including men's basketball and women's fast-pitch softball —help assure a rich and valuable college experience. Classes for what is now Aiken Technical College began in temporary facilities in Aiken in the fall of 1972. One hundred and seventy-seven students enrolled in the first class of what was then the Aiken Technical Education Center. The current campus opened in the winter of 1973. Nearly three decades after its founding, ATC has grown into a multi-service, two-year comprehensive college offering numerous educational opportunities in college transfer credit and noncredit health, public service, business, industrial engineering and computer technology programs. The Health and Science Building, Dale Phelon Information Technology Center and the 700 Building provide students with access to labs and multi-media classrooms outfitted with state-of-the-art technology. The CSRA Manufacturing and Technology Training Center enables ATC to customize instruction to meet workforce needs for both new and existing companies. And our Academic Success Center and other campus resources help every student make the most of their college experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Aiken Technical College cost?
Aiken Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,132 for In-State students and $9,489 for Out-State students.
What is Aiken Technical College's ranking?
Aiken Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Carolina for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.