Augusta Technical College
- The mission of Augusta Technical College is to promote the educational, economic, and community development of the Central Savannah River Area.
Augusta Technical College serves 4,237 students (40% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the state community college average of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 56%.
- Enrollment: 4,237 students
- In-state tuition: $2,614
- Out-state tuition: $4,750
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 58%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 308 teachers has grown by 15% over five years.
Augusta Technical College
(GA) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of Augusta Technical College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five years.
The Augusta Technical College diversity score of 0.60 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,614 is less than the state average of $4,028. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,750 is less than the state average of $7,597. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The mission of Augusta Technical College is to promote the educational, economic, and community development of the Central Savannah River Area. Augusta Technical College operates under the supervision of the State Board of Technical and Adult Education, serving the needs of business, industry, and the public in a five-county area in east central Georgia. Augusta Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Applied Technology Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit.
An In-Depth Guide to Financing Options for Community College
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
Do You Need to Take the GRE for Community College Applications?
No matter where you choose to go to college you'll have to take some kind of standardized test. The GRE is often required for graduate programs, but it may also benefit your community college application.
Tips for Minimizing Educational Debt While in School
Education becomes more expensive with each passing year so it is important to make smart use of your student loans and to minimize your debt while you are in school whenever possible.