- The teacher population of 71 teachers has declined by 27% over five years.
|Galveston College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||71 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,048 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||539 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,509 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||40||252|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Galveston College has proven to be a progressive, dynamic institution of higher education known for its partnerships with businesses and organizations and its commitment to provide a quality learning environment that is student-focused. Its programs have consistently gained local, state, and national acclaim in areas that include health occupations programs, workforce development initiatives, NJCAA athletics, innovative fundraising, a hospitality institute and culinary arts, and special student services. For the opening of the College in September 1967, through the spring of 1970, the College occupied Moody Hall, a refurbished orphanage, as its only campus facility. The initial academic offerings were fairly broad in scope, while the occupational program was minimal but with strong offerings in vocational nursing, office occupations, engineering/drafting and law enforcement. During the period 1972-76, many new occupational programs were added, including offset printing, industrial engine mechanics, refrigeration mechanics, banking, fashion merchandising, office simulation, and a certificate program in hospital unit clerk training. Added to these was an academic program in cooperative education. In May 1977, the College opened its Fort Crockett campus at which some 600 students received course work in health care programs, fine arts, physical education and various other credit and adult educational offerings. Since 1977, the College has added courses in computer science, child development, human development, television and surgical technology. Also, a grant from the National Science Foundation has enabled mathematics and science instructors to employ the computer as an instructional tool.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,858 students | 13.80 Mi1200 Amburn Road
Texas City,  TX  77591
- 236 students | 26.90 Mi3208 Fm 528
Friendswood,  TX  77546
- 4,928 students | 27.30 Mi3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin,  TX  77511
- n/a students | 31.30 Mi13735 beamer rd
Houston,  TX  77089
- 27,911 students | 31.80 Mi8060 Spencer Hwy
Pasadena,  TX  77501
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.