- Galveston College creates accessible learning opportunities to fulfill individual and community needs by providing high-quality educational programs and services.
- Enrollment: 2,060 students
- In-state tuition: $2,260
- Out-state tuition: $4,150
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 66%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Galveston College has proven to be a progressive, dynamic institution of higher education known for its partnerships with businesses and organizations and its commitment to provide a quality learning environment that is student-focused. Its programs have consistently gained local, state, and national acclaim in areas that include health occupations programs, workforce development initiatives, NJCAA athletics, innovative fundraising, a hospitality institute and culinary arts, and special student services. For the opening of the College in September 1967, through the spring of 1970, the College occupied Moody Hall, a refurbished orphanage, as its only campus facility. The initial academic offerings were fairly broad in scope, while the occupational program was minimal but with strong offerings in vocational nursing, office occupations, engineering/drafting and law enforcement. During the period 1972-76, many new occupational programs were added, including offset printing, industrial engine mechanics, refrigeration mechanics, banking, fashion merchandising, office simulation, and a certificate program in hospital unit clerk training. Added to these was an academic program in cooperative education. In May 1977, the College opened its Fort Crockett campus at which some 600 students received course work in health care programs, fine arts, physical education and various other credit and adult educational offerings. Since 1977, the College has added courses in computer science, child development, human development, television and surgical technology. Also, a grant from the National Science Foundation has enabled mathematics and science instructors to employ the computer as an instructional tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Galveston College cost?
Galveston College's tuition is approximately $2,260 for In-State students and $4,150 for Out-State students.