- College of the Mainland, a comprehensive community college, is an accessible, affordable learner-centered institution dedicated to student success serving the mainland area of Galveston County and beyond.
- Enrollment: 4,335 students
- In-state tuition: $2,973
- Out-state tuition: $3,873
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 56%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- College of the Mainland has something for everyone but more importantly we offer a supportive, quality, affordable opportunity to acquire the intellectual, cultural, social and economic skills that you need to succeed today. Whether you seek an inexpensive path to a bachelor's degree, an associate degree with a technical skill or a class to advance you professionally or academically, you will find an outstanding faculty and an eager support staff committed to your success. The learning opportunities available at COM extend from pre-college Adult Basic Education, ESL, GED and developmental studies to college core curriculum and general studies courses that transfer to senior colleges and universities. In addition, our world-class technical programs offer Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees in process technology, computers, networking, business, child development, criminal justice and many more to prepare you for entry into choice career fields. Our diverse and popular continuing education classes- for personal and professional enrichment-cover a wide range of interests and pursuits. And, our workforce training and retraining programs -delivered on-site or on-campus-help employees enhance their careers and employers strengthen their business position.