Florida Career College-Miami
Tel: (786) 534-0501
- FLORIDA CAREER COLLEGE has been specializing in career training since 1982. Florida Career College continually maintains and develops programs and courses according to industry needs. The department identifies the skills needed for today's job market by working closely with the computer and software manufacturers, professional associations and employers.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 82% over five years.
|Florida Career College-Miami||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||128 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||10|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded as Florida Programming and Educational Center, Inc., the College's first classes began in September 1982 in Miami, Florida. In 1990, the School started using the name Florida Computer and Business School. Through the years, the school has grown and expanded with additional courses and programs to match student skills with the needs of the computer industry and business sectors. Florida Career College currently owns and operates five campuses. The main campus is located in Miami, Florida with four branch campuses located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, West Palm Beach, Florida, Lauderdale Lakes, Florida and Hialeah, Florida. All campuses are conveniently located near expressways, shopping malls, and restaurants. Florida Career College offers large, comfortable classrooms, computer labs with PC and Mac computers, Medical Labs, bookstore and a resource center. The resource center provides students and faculty with reference materials, including books, videos and periodicals to supplement textbooks and lectures. Also, each campus houses school offices for student services, financial services, and career center. The Miami campus is located at 1321 SW 107 Avenue, Suite 201B, Miami, Florida. The 28,000-square-foot facility is conveniently located across the street from Florida International University (F.I.U.) South Campus. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and Associate of Science degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education.
The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Miami is College of Business and Technology-Main Campus (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 157 students | 2.50 Mi8230 W Flagler St.
Miami, FL 33144
(786) 693-8802 2.50157
- 206 students | 4.80 Mi10506 N Kendall Drive
Miami, FL 33176
(305) 595-9500 4.80206
- 95 students | 6.00 Mi9300 S Dadeland Blvd., Suite 200
Miami, FL 33156
(305) 666-9242 6.0095
- 3,981 students | 8.60 Mi4425 West. Jose Regueiro (20th) Avenue
Hialeah, FL 33012
(305) 821-3333 8.603,981
- 112 students | 8.70 Mi935 West 49 Street # 203
Hialeah, FL 33012
(786) 693-8803 8.70112
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.