Florida Career College-Miami
Tel: (954) 400-2000
- FLORIDA CAREER COLLEGE has been specializing in career training since 1982. Florida Career College continually maintains and develops programs and courses according to industry needs. The department identifies the skills needed for today's job market by working closely with the computer and software manufacturers, professional associations and employers.
- The teacher population of 106 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Florida Career College-Miami||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||106 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,227 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||59:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,227 students||487 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded as Florida Programming and Educational Center, Inc., the College's first classes began in September 1982 in Miami, Florida. In 1990, the School started using the name Florida Computer and Business School. Through the years, the school has grown and expanded with additional courses and programs to match student skills with the needs of the computer industry and business sectors. Florida Career College currently owns and operates five campuses. The main campus is located in Miami, Florida with four branch campuses located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, West Palm Beach, Florida, Lauderdale Lakes, Florida and Hialeah, Florida. All campuses are conveniently located near expressways, shopping malls, and restaurants. Florida Career College offers large, comfortable classrooms, computer labs with PC and Mac computers, Medical Labs, bookstore and a resource center. The resource center provides students and faculty with reference materials, including books, videos and periodicals to supplement textbooks and lectures. Also, each campus houses school offices for student services, financial services, and career center. The Miami campus is located at 1321 SW 107 Avenue, Suite 201B, Miami, Florida. The 28,000-square-foot facility is conveniently located across the street from Florida International University (F.I.U.) South Campus. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and Associate of Science degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Florida Career College-Miami is College of Business and Technology-Flagler (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 364 students | 2.50 Mi8230 W Flagler St.
Miami,  FL  33144
(305) 273-4499 2.50364
- 202 students | 3.20 Mi7925 NW 12th St Ste 201
Miami,  FL  33126
(305) 597-9599 3.20202
- 26 students | 3.90 Mi9035 Sunset Drive, Suite 200
Miami,  FL  33173
(305) 596-5553 3.9026
- 965 students | 4.00 Mi13926 SW 47th Street
Miami,  FL  33175
(305) 220-4120 4.00965
- 158 students | 4.80 Mi10506 N Kendall Drive
Miami,  FL  33176
(305) 595-9500 4.80158
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.