Acupuncture and Massage College
Tel: (305) 595-9500
- The mission of the Acupuncture & Massage College (AMC) is to provide the community of South Florida with a school of naturopathy which includes programs in Oriental Medicine and Massage Therapy, thus preserving the knowledge of these ancient health sciences. AMC is committed to maintaining high standards of education and providing well-balanced and relevant curricula in its programs of study. Students of Oriental Medicine are prepared to become licensed acupuncture physicians. Massage Therapy students are prepared to become licensed massage therapists. Both Oriental medicine practitioners and massage therapists can offer quality health care for the prevention and treatment of disease. To help ensure that licensed health care professionals can advance their knowledge and skills, our massage and acupuncture school offers postgraduate continuing education programs. Our massage and acupuncture school also strives to improve the quality of health care in our community by providing a low cost Community Intern Clinic. In addition, seminars are provided to educate the community regarding the benefits of Oriental medicine and massage therapy.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 38% over five years.
|Acupuncture and Massage College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||128 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Acupuncture and Massage College is City College-Miami (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 95 students | 3.00 Mi9300 S Dadeland Blvd., Suite 200
Miami, FL 33156
(305) 666-9242 3.0095
- 345 students | 4.80 Mi1321 SW 107 Avenue, Suite 201B
Miami, FL 33174
(786) 534-0501 4.80345
- 157 students | 6.10 Mi8230 W Flagler St.
Miami, FL 33144
(786) 693-8802 6.10157
- 65 students | 6.70 Mi19151 South Dixie Hwy # 205
Cutler Bay, FL 33157
(786) 693-4488 6.7065
- 338 students | 7.00 Mi19600 South Dixie Highway
Cutler Bay, FL 33157
(786) 345-5300 7.00338
While intended to regulate for-profit vocational colleges, the Gainful Employment Rule may hurt public community colleges. Learn about the new Department of Education rule and how it may impact your education.
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
Learn more about The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 ("CCRAA" or the "Act"), which was enacted to make college more affordable for low- and moderate-income students by phasing in increases in government grants.