Erie Business Center-Erie (Closed 2014)
- Erie Business Center (EBC) is a progressive private institution offering programs of higher education for men and women. EBC is large enough to provide diverse curricula, yet small enough to give personal attention to each student. Here, every student has the opportunity to become an important part of the program. Students do not lose their identity as individuals. The purpose of Erie Business Center is to serve the people of the tri-state area by providing students with the necessary skills, knowledge and positive business mentality to contribute effectively to the business community.
|Erie Business Center-Erie||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1884, EBC is the area's longest established career training institution. We offer more than 20 different associate in specialized business (ASB), diploma and certificate programs in a range of career fields. The college offers programs of higher education that give people the opportunity to prepare themselves for business, computer, office, medical, legal, and tourism careers. Erie Business Center opened its doors in 1884 as Clark's Business College and quickly became one of the foremost business training institutions in our part of the country. The Erie campus of EBC is located at 246 West Ninth Street, just west of Sassafras Street. The New Castle campus, formerly New Castle Business School, is located at 170 Cascade Galleria in New Castle, Pa. Our facilities includes classrooms and computer labs, medical classrooms and labs, EBC Blackmer Library and Jones e-global library, academic and administrative offices and student dining and housing/referral. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award an Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) degree. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Erie Business Center-Erie is Triangle Tech Inc-Erie (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 46 students | 1.00 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
- 205 students | 3.70 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
- 232 students | 3.70 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
- 652 students | 5.70 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie,  PA  16506
- 125 students | 33.70 Mi847 N Main Street Ste 204
Meadville,  PA  16335
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.