Erie Business Center-Erie (Closed 2014)
- Erie Business Center (EBC) is a progressive private institution offering programs of higher education for men and women. EBC is large enough to provide diverse curricula, yet small enough to give personal attention to each student. Here, every student has the opportunity to become an important part of the program. Students do not lose their identity as individuals. The purpose of Erie Business Center is to serve the people of the tri-state area by providing students with the necessary skills, knowledge and positive business mentality to contribute effectively to the business community.
|Erie Business Center-Erie||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1884, EBC is the area's longest established career training institution. We offer more than 20 different associate in specialized business (ASB), diploma and certificate programs in a range of career fields. The college offers programs of higher education that give people the opportunity to prepare themselves for business, computer, office, medical, legal, and tourism careers. Erie Business Center opened its doors in 1884 as Clark's Business College and quickly became one of the foremost business training institutions in our part of the country. The Erie campus of EBC is located at 246 West Ninth Street, just west of Sassafras Street. The New Castle campus, formerly New Castle Business School, is located at 170 Cascade Galleria in New Castle, Pa. Our facilities includes classrooms and computer labs, medical classrooms and labs, EBC Blackmer Library and Jones e-global library, academic and administrative offices and student dining and housing/referral. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award an Associate in Specialized Business (ASB) degree. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Erie Business Center-Erie is Triangle Tech Inc-Erie (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 46 students | 1.00 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
- 205 students | 3.70 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
- 232 students | 3.70 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
- 652 students | 5.80 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie,  PA  16506
- 125 students | 33.70 Mi847 N Main Street Ste 204
Meadville,  PA  16335
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.