- Los Angeles Southwest College (LASC) has and continues to be a catalyst for change in its community through the programs it offers and the services it provides. Students come to LASC for a variety of reasons - from attaining work skills necessary to seek employment in their chosen field to preparing for transfer to colleges and universities to receive their Baccalaureate degree to accessing non-credit offerings such as citizenship and English language training to further specific personal goals. Often, students enroll at LASC and just immerse themselves in lifespan learning. Los Angeles Southwest College (LASC) is a learner-centered institution dedicated to meeting the needs of learners – the students and community who access the college for programs; and the faculty, staff and administrators who provide learning opportunities and support.
- Enrollment: 5,216 students
- In-state tuition: $1,220
- Out-state tuition: $6,810
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 99%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- On September 11, 1967, Los Angeles Southwest College officially opened its doors with 600 students and 22 full-time faculty members. Since then, Los Angeles Southwest College has established itself as an educational and cultural hub of the southern part of Los Angeles and surrounding communities. In addition to classroom instruction, students are exposed to a myriad of learning experiences to broaden their horizons, to expand their options and alternatives, to develop an appreciation for the academic work ethic, and to understand intellectual pursuits. Our graduates are among the most successful — ranging from medical professionals and professional athletes to recording artists and educators. To accomplish the educational philosophy and mission of the Los Angeles Community Colleges, Los Angeles Southwest College offers the following types of educational programs Transfer, Occupational, General Education, Transitional Education, Continuing Education, Community Services and Joint Programs.