Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College
Tel: (304) 434-8000
- Choose Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College for a hands on learning experiences in state of the art classrooms and lab spaces. We offer personalized attention to your educational goals and custom solutions to workforce training needs that are unmatched in our region.
- Eastern is an institution of higher learning accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Nestled in the mountains of the Potomac Highlands, Eastern has been serving the educational needs of our communities throughout Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral, Pendleton, and Tucker counties for over 15 years.
- Eastern is an open enrollment institution that adheres to the Equal Opportunity Policy through Titles, IV, VI, & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- As such, the College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, English language skills, or national origin in our employment policies and/or educational programs or activities, including admission to such.
|Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||49 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts Society Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College is Potomac State College of West Virginia University (25.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,340 students | 25.20 Mi101 Fort Ave
Keyser,  WV  26726
(304) 788-6820 25.201,340
- 6,798 students | 35.80 Mi173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown,  VA  22645
(800) 907-000000000 35.806,798
- 675 students | 40.10 Mi687 Mosser Road
Mc Henry,  MD  21541
(301) 387-3000 40.10675
- 2,585 students | 41.10 Mi12401 Willowbrook Rd SE
Cumberland,  MD  21502
(301) 784-5000 41.102,585
- 4,099 students | 55.00 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave,  VA  24486
(540) 234-9261 55.004,099
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.