Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College
- Choose Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College for a hands on learning experiences in state of the art classrooms and lab spaces. We offer personalized attention to your educational goals and custom solutions to workforce training needs that are unmatched in our region.
- Eastern is an institution of higher learning accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Nestled in the mountains of the Potomac Highlands, Eastern has been serving the educational needs of our communities throughout Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral, Pendleton, and Tucker counties for over 15 years.
- Eastern is an open enrollment institution that adheres to the Equal Opportunity Policy through Titles, IV, VI, & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- As such, the College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, English language skills, or national origin in our employment policies and/or educational programs or activities, including admission to such.
|Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||- staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||487 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||129 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||358 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$23,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts Society Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association (SGA)
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College is Potomac State College of West Virginia University (25.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,540 students | 25.20 Mi101 Fort Ave
Keyser,  WV  26726
- 6,996 students | 35.80 Mi173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown,  VA  22645
- 675 students | 40.10 Mi687 Mosser Road
Mc Henry,  MD  21541
- 3,227 students | 41.10 Mi12401 Willowbrook Rd SE
Cumberland,  MD  21502
- 4,388 students | 55.00 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave,  VA  24486
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.