Potomac State College of West Virginia University
Tel: (304) 788-6820
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University is a great place to "Start Smart" and begin your higher education career. As a two-year division of West Virginia University, Potomac State College offers the prestige of a major school with the friendliness of a small campus. You get the best of both places: A curriculum designed at a well-respected research university delivered in a smaller classroom setting.
Potomac State College of West Virginia University places among the top 20% of community colleges in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Potomac State College of West Virginia University||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Potomac State College, as a fully integrated two-year division of West Virginia University, provides a high quality, comprehensive education for our students. The college is located in Keyser, WV, in the heart of the state's gorgeous eastern panhandle -- great recreation country for hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, skiing, and white-water rafting. Live on campus in one of our active residence halls, or save money and commute. And, by all means, get involved. We offer plenty of student clubs and organizations as well as a winning athletic tradition in eight intercollegiate varsity sports. Potomac State College's 50 associate degrees transfer to WVU's main campus or most other four-year colleges. Potomac State College has nine two-year career and technical programs that prepare students for competitive jobs in areas such as hospitality and tourism, criminal justice and forest technology. The college offers a bachelor's degree through West Virginia University's Regents program for adults.
The nearest community college to Potomac State College of West Virginia University is Allegany College of Maryland (19.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,227 students | 19.70 Mi12401 Willowbrook Rd SE
Cumberland,  MD  21502
(301) 784-5000 19.703,227
- 675 students | 21.00 Mi687 Mosser Road
Mc Henry,  MD  21541
(301) 387-3000 21.00675
- 539 students | 25.20 Mi316 Eastern Drive
Moorefield,  WV  26836
(304) 434-8000 25.20539
- 6,996 students | 47.30 Mi173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown,  VA  22645
(540) 868-7000 47.306,996
- 104 students | 49.00 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
(724) 437-4600 49.00104
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!