- Potomac State College of West Virginia University is a great place to "Start Smart" and begin your higher education career. As a two-year division of West Virginia University, Potomac State College offers the prestige of a major school with the friendliness of a small campus. You get the best of both places: A curriculum designed at a well-respected research university delivered in a smaller classroom setting.
- Enrollment: 1,193 students
- In-state tuition: $3,480
- Out-state tuition: $9,456
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 10%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Potomac State College of West Virginia University ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Potomac State College, as a fully integrated two-year division of West Virginia University, provides a high quality, comprehensive education for our students. The college is located in Keyser, WV, in the heart of the state's gorgeous eastern panhandle -- great recreation country for hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, skiing, and white-water rafting. Live on campus in one of our active residence halls, or save money and commute. And, by all means, get involved. We offer plenty of student clubs and organizations as well as a winning athletic tradition in eight intercollegiate varsity sports. Potomac State College's 50 associate degrees transfer to WVU's main campus or most other four-year colleges. Potomac State College has nine two-year career and technical programs that prepare students for competitive jobs in areas such as hospitality and tourism, criminal justice and forest technology. The college offers a bachelor's degree through West Virginia University's Regents program for adults.