Potomac State College of West Virginia University
- Potomac State College of West Virginia University is a great place to "Start Smart" and begin your higher education career. As a two-year division of West Virginia University, Potomac State College offers the prestige of a major school with the friendliness of a small campus. You get the best of both places: A curriculum designed at a well-respected research university delivered in a smaller classroom setting.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has declined by 28% over five years.
|Potomac State College of West Virginia University||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,540 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,235 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||305 students||625 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||725||20|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$50,200||$23,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Potomac State College, as a fully integrated two-year division of West Virginia University, provides a high quality, comprehensive education for our students. The college is located in Keyser, WV, in the heart of the state's gorgeous eastern panhandle -- great recreation country for hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, skiing, and white-water rafting. Live on campus in one of our active residence halls, or save money and commute. And, by all means, get involved. We offer plenty of student clubs and organizations as well as a winning athletic tradition in eight intercollegiate varsity sports. Potomac State College's 50 associate degrees transfer to WVU's main campus or most other four-year colleges. Potomac State College has nine two-year career and technical programs that prepare students for competitive jobs in areas such as hospitality and tourism, criminal justice and forest technology. The college offers a bachelor's degree through West Virginia University's Regents program for adults.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,227 students | 19.70 Mi12401 Willowbrook Rd SE
Cumberland,  MD  21502
- 713 students | 20.80 Mi687 Mosser Road
Mc Henry,  MD  21541
- 913 students | 25.30 Mi316 Eastern Drive
Moorefield,  WV  26836
- 6,996 students | 47.50 Mi173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown,  VA  22645
- 104 students | 49.50 MiMount Braddock Road
Mount Braddock,  PA  15465
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.