Eastern Florida State College
- Brevard Community College is committed to engaging our diverse population in quality, accessible learning opportunities which successfully meet individual and community needs.
- The teacher population of 364 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern Florida State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||364 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,931 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||44:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,650 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,281 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Situated on Florida's Space Coast, BCC has four integrated campuses – in Cocoa, Melbourne, Palm Bay and Titusville – an aerospace program at the Kennedy Space Center and a Virtual campus. BCC's diverse 25,000+ student body is made up of high school graduates, business professionals, retirees and everyday people who are university-bound, seeking new career paths or simply following a love of learning. Brevard Community College offers a variety of degree and certificate programs designed to help you transfer to a four-year college or go directly into the workforce. Also, we offer many non-credit courses for students who simply wish to upgrade their skills. BCC serves almost half of the county's residents with educational programs and cultural, sporting, and entertainment events. BCC has a rich athletic tradition, with nine National Junior College Athletic Association titles, 25 conference championships, and 21 Florida Community College Athletics Association titles. BCC is a member of the Suncoast Conference of the FCCAA. BCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Located on the Cocoa Campus are three of the world's most technologically advanced facilities: The Astronaut Memorial Planetarium, the BCC/UCF Joint Use Library, and the Florida Solar Energy Center. Together these facilities comprise the main components of the Florida Circle of Science and Technology.
- The nearest community college to Eastern Florida State College is Everest University-Melbourne (18.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 392 students | 18.00 Mi2401 N Harbor City Blvd
Melbourne,  FL  32935
- 2,977 students | 30.10 Mi12900 Challenger Parkway
Orlando,  FL  32826
- 19,285 students | 36.30 Mi3300 University Blvd
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 430 students | 37.40 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 410 students | 39.30 Mi177 Montgomery Road
Altamonte Springs,  FL  32714
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.