- Brevard Community College is committed to engaging our diverse population in quality, accessible learning opportunities which successfully meet individual and community needs.
Eastern Florida State College serves 13,937 students (32% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 13,937 students
- In-state tuition: $2,496
- Out-state tuition: $9,739
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 35%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Eastern Florida State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
The teacher population of 1,043 teachers has grown by 186% over five years.
Eastern Florida State College
(FL) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Eastern Florida State College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
The Eastern Florida State College diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,496 is less than the state average of $3,280. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,739 is less than the state average of $10,578. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Situated on Florida's Space Coast, BCC has four integrated campuses – in Cocoa, Melbourne, Palm Bay and Titusville – an aerospace program at the Kennedy Space Center and a Virtual campus. BCC's diverse 25,000+ student body is made up of high school graduates, business professionals, retirees and everyday people who are university-bound, seeking new career paths or simply following a love of learning. Brevard Community College offers a variety of degree and certificate programs designed to help you transfer to a four-year college or go directly into the workforce. Also, we offer many non-credit courses for students who simply wish to upgrade their skills. BCC serves almost half of the county's residents with educational programs and cultural, sporting, and entertainment events. BCC has a rich athletic tradition, with nine National Junior College Athletic Association titles, 25 conference championships, and 21 Florida Community College Athletics Association titles. BCC is a member of the Suncoast Conference of the FCCAA. BCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Located on the Cocoa Campus are three of the world's most technologically advanced facilities: The Astronaut Memorial Planetarium, the BCC/UCF Joint Use Library, and the Florida Solar Energy Center. Together these facilities comprise the main components of the Florida Circle of Science and Technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Eastern Florida State College cost?
Eastern Florida State College's tuition is approximately $2,496 for In-State students and $9,739 for Out-State students.
What is Eastern Florida State College's ranking?
Eastern Florida State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Least expensive tuition and Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.