- Florida Technical College is one big family. The school is full of like-minded individuals working toward the common goal of increased career potential and brighter futures. FTC was founded in 1982 to provide post-secondary training in specialized business fields. We offer both Associate Degree and Diploma Programs in today's fastest growing occupations. Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. Centrally located, Orlando campus is within minutes of both downtown Orlando and Winter Park. Restaurants, shopping centers, and ample housing accommodations are within easy access of the campus.
NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando serves 4,094 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,094 students
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 86%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
The teacher population of 254 teachers has grown by 86% over five years.
NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando
(FL) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Four or more years
Private, for profit
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando diversity score of 0.56 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Florida Technical College offers both associate degree programs and diploma programs. And you can earn your degree in as little as 18 months. The keys to our successful educational programs include experienced instructors; modern facilities and equipment; extensive hands-on training; career services and professional preparation seminars; and a supportive classroom learning environment. Florida Technical College is a Junior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Associates of Science degrees and academic diplomas. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions also is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Orlando campus is in a new location at 12689 Challenger Parkway in a 28,000 square-foot building containing classrooms, computer labs, learning resource center, administrative offices and a new medical lab. The school is situated on the east side of Orlando, off Alafaya Trail, just minutes from the East-West Expressway.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando?
The acceptance rate of NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 74%.
What is NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando's ranking?
NUC University - Florida Technical College - Orlando ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Average community college minority breakdown.
10 Top-Rated Careers You Can Do from Home with a Community College Degree
Would you like to work from home? We researched 10 of the best work-from-home jobs you can enjoy with a two-year degree under your belt.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.