Dabney S Lancaster Community College
Dabney S Lancaster Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dabney S Lancaster Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,257 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||410 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||847 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College is a dynamic, comprehensive community college known for teaching excellence, quality support services and responsiveness to business and industry training needs. In September 1964, students were admitted for the first time to the Clifton-Forge-Covington Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. In the first two years, this branch college offered programs available at the parent institution, as well as a certificate program in secretarial science. In 1965, a pre-college foundation program was added. This was expanded into the general community college program in 1966. Beginning with the summer quarter in 1967, all programs of this community college came under the control of the Virginia State Board for Community College. The College itself was renamed Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, honoring the prominent Virginia educator and long-time resident of the College's service area. DSLCC offers over 40 programs in academic, professional, and technical areas, as well as continuing education, workforce training, seminars, and more. Flexible scheduling, off-campus offerings, and distance learning options make higher education convenient and affordable. Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts and Sciences (A.A.& S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees.
- The nearest community college to Dabney S Lancaster Community College is American National University (36.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,337 students | 36.60 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 8,632 students | 39.70 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 409 students | 45.60 Mi1011 Creekside Lane
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
- 4,519 students | 48.20 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
- 4,388 students | 59.30 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave,  VA  24486
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.