Dabney S Lancaster Community College
The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dabney S Lancaster Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||69 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College is a dynamic, comprehensive community college known for teaching excellence, quality support services and responsiveness to business and industry training needs. In September 1964, students were admitted for the first time to the Clifton-Forge-Covington Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. In the first two years, this branch college offered programs available at the parent institution, as well as a certificate program in secretarial science. In 1965, a pre-college foundation program was added. This was expanded into the general community college program in 1966. Beginning with the summer quarter in 1967, all programs of this community college came under the control of the Virginia State Board for Community College. The College itself was renamed Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, honoring the prominent Virginia educator and long-time resident of the College's service area. DSLCC offers over 40 programs in academic, professional, and technical areas, as well as continuing education, workforce training, seminars, and more. Flexible scheduling, off-campus offerings, and distance learning options make higher education convenient and affordable. Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts and Sciences (A.A.& S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees.
The nearest community college to Dabney S Lancaster Community College is American National University (36.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,072 students | 36.60 Mi1813 East Main Street
Salem, VA 24153
(540) 986-1800 36.601,072
- 6,827 students | 39.50 Mi3094 Colonial Ave
Roanoke, VA 24015
(540) 857-8922 39.506,827
- 4,047 students | 48.10 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24502
(434) 832-7600 48.104,047
- 4,099 students | 59.40 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave, VA 24486
(540) 234-9261 59.404,099
- 4,419 students | 67.20 Mi5251 College Drive
Dublin, VA 24084
(540) 674-3600 67.204,419
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?