Dabney S Lancaster Community College
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dabney S Lancaster Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||42 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,257 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||410 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||847 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,600||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College is a dynamic, comprehensive community college known for teaching excellence, quality support services and responsiveness to business and industry training needs. In September 1964, students were admitted for the first time to the Clifton-Forge-Covington Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. In the first two years, this branch college offered programs available at the parent institution, as well as a certificate program in secretarial science. In 1965, a pre-college foundation program was added. This was expanded into the general community college program in 1966. Beginning with the summer quarter in 1967, all programs of this community college came under the control of the Virginia State Board for Community College. The College itself was renamed Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, honoring the prominent Virginia educator and long-time resident of the College's service area. DSLCC offers over 40 programs in academic, professional, and technical areas, as well as continuing education, workforce training, seminars, and more. Flexible scheduling, off-campus offerings, and distance learning options make higher education convenient and affordable. Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts and Sciences (A.A.& S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees.
- The nearest community college to Dabney S Lancaster Community College is American National University (36.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,337 students | 36.60 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 8,632 students | 39.70 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 4,519 students | 48.20 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
- 4,388 students | 59.30 Mi1 College Lane
Weyers Cave,  VA  24486
- 4,585 students | 67.40 Mi5251 College Drive
Dublin,  VA  24084
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.