Dabney S Lancaster Community College serves 1,075 students (34% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 48%.
- Enrollment: 1,075 students
- In-state tuition: $3,324
- Out-state tuition: $7,994
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 7%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 94 teachers has grown by 123% over five years.
Dabney S Lancaster Community College
(VA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Dabney S Lancaster Community College has declined by 14% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Dabney S Lancaster Community College diversity score of 0.13 is less than the state average of 0.66. The school's diversity has declined by 38% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,324 is less than the state average of $3,736. The in-state tuition has declined by 27% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,994 is less than the state average of $8,977. The out-state tuition has declined by 24% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College is a dynamic, comprehensive community college known for teaching excellence, quality support services and responsiveness to business and industry training needs. In September 1964, students were admitted for the first time to the Clifton-Forge-Covington Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. In the first two years, this branch college offered programs available at the parent institution, as well as a certificate program in secretarial science. In 1965, a pre-college foundation program was added. This was expanded into the general community college program in 1966. Beginning with the summer quarter in 1967, all programs of this community college came under the control of the Virginia State Board for Community College. The College itself was renamed Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, honoring the prominent Virginia educator and long-time resident of the College's service area. DSLCC offers over 40 programs in academic, professional, and technical areas, as well as continuing education, workforce training, seminars, and more. Flexible scheduling, off-campus offerings, and distance learning options make higher education convenient and affordable. Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts and Sciences (A.A.& S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Dabney S Lancaster Community College cost?
Dabney S Lancaster Community College's tuition is approximately $3,324 for In-State students and $7,994 for Out-State students.
What is Dabney S Lancaster Community College's ranking?
Dabney S Lancaster Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Virginia for: Least expensive tuition.
Why More Students are Turning to Community College Today
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Culinary Arts, Athletics, Massage Therapy and More: Programs Cut at Community Colleges
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.