Tel: (714) 484-7000
- Cypress College enriches students'lives by providing high-quality education for transfer to four-year institutions, associate degrees, vocational training, and certificate coursework, as well as basic skills and opportunities for lifelong learning. The college is committed to promoting student learning and success, embracing diversity, contributing to the economic and social development of the surrounding community and being open to all qualified students pursuing their educational goals.
The teacher population of 354 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cypress College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||354 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is composed of twelve major instructional buildings located on a 110-acre site. The campus buildings contain conventional classrooms as well as laboratory facilities for science, art, computer technology, photography, automotive services, dental clinic, mortuary science, physical education and other specialized programs. The Educational Services and Roosevelt Center provide opportunities for students with disabilities to be fully integrated into various college programs. In addition to our fine academic and vocational programs, we offer many support services to help students succeed: study skills classes, tutoring, learning centers, counseling, financial aid, and health services, to name a few. Students can also participate in student government activities, special interest clubs, athletic teams, and fine arts productions. Since its inception, the Cypress College Foundation has raised nearly $3 million in support of the college. Over the years that support has included student scholarships, book loans, department grants, major equipment purchases, the comprehensive renovation of the Mortuary Science building and more. Click here to visit the Cypress College Foundation. Cypress, which offers seven sports for women and six for men, has had a solid line-up of teams and individual athletes who have excelled since the college first opened its doors in 1966. In recent years, the baseball, softball, women's soccer and women's basketball programs have taken center stage.
The nearest community college to Cypress College is American Career College-Anaheim (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,415 students | 3.30 Mi1200 N. Magnolia Ave.
Anaheim,  CA  92801
(949) 783-4800 3.301,415
- 387 students | 4.80 Mi18000 Studebaker Road Suite 900A
Cerritos,  CA  90703
(562) 809-5100 4.80387
- 21,774 students | 5.70 Mi11110 Alondra Blvd
Norwalk,  CA  90650
(562) 860-2451 5.7021,774
- 24,403 students | 6.20 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA  90808
(562) 938-4111 6.2024,403
- 974 students | 6.40 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
(714) 703-1900 6.40974
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!