Tel: (562) 860-2451
- The Cerritos College mission is to serve the community by building futures through learning. Our mission is teaching and our faculty has established a distinguished record of scholarship, research and publication. But most important to you, they are dedicated professors.
The teacher population of 434 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cerritos College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||434 staff||134 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1955, Cerritos College is a public comprehensive community college serving an area of 52 square miles of southeastern Los Angeles county. The college offers degrees and certificates in 87 areas of study in nine divisions. Over 1,200 students successfully complete their course of studies each year. Cerritos College is a public two-year California educational institution accredited by the Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Cerritos College student body is a majority of minorities: Hispanics, Asians, African-Americans, Pacific Islanders and Native Americans together account for more than 60% of our students. Cerritos College attracts students directly from high school. The Wilford Michael Library and Learning Resource Center on the campus of Cerritos Community College offers a wide variety of instructional programs, services and resources to enrich the learning activities of students, faculty and staff. The mission of the Innovation Center is to provide information, training, and opportunities for professional growth. Technical support is provided on all products supported by the Computer Services Department at Cerritos College. In addition to regularly scheduled training sessions on office automation products, we also offer one-on-one consultation, including web design assistance to faculty and staff.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 215 students | 1.30 Mi18000 Studebaker Road Suite 900A
Cerritos,  CA  90703
(562) 809-5100 1.30215
- 9 students | 3.90 Mi13180 Paramount Blvd.
South Gate,  CA  90280
(562) 408-6969 3.909
- 23,845 students | 4.30 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA  90808
(562) 938-4111 4.3023,845
- 15,794 students | 5.70 Mi9200 Valley View
Cypress,  CA  90630
(714) 484-7000 5.7015,794
- 7,046 students | 6.40 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton,  CA  90221
(310) 900-1600 6.407,046
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.