Tel: (562) 860-2451
- The Cerritos College mission is to serve the community by building futures through learning. Our mission is teaching and our faculty has established a distinguished record of scholarship, research and publication. But most important to you, they are dedicated professors.
The teacher population of 434 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cerritos College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||434 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1955, Cerritos College is a public comprehensive community college serving an area of 52 square miles of southeastern Los Angeles county. The college offers degrees and certificates in 87 areas of study in nine divisions. Over 1,200 students successfully complete their course of studies each year. Cerritos College is a public two-year California educational institution accredited by the Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Cerritos College student body is a majority of minorities: Hispanics, Asians, African-Americans, Pacific Islanders and Native Americans together account for more than 60% of our students. Cerritos College attracts students directly from high school. The Wilford Michael Library and Learning Resource Center on the campus of Cerritos Community College offers a wide variety of instructional programs, services and resources to enrich the learning activities of students, faculty and staff. The mission of the Innovation Center is to provide information, training, and opportunities for professional growth. Technical support is provided on all products supported by the Computer Services Department at Cerritos College. In addition to regularly scheduled training sessions on office automation products, we also offer one-on-one consultation, including web design assistance to faculty and staff.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 215 students | 1.30 Mi18000 Studebaker Road Suite 900A
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562) 809-5100 1.30215
- 9 students | 3.90 Mi13180 Paramount Blvd.
South Gate, CA 90280
(562) 408-6969 3.909
- 23,845 students | 4.30 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562) 938-4111 4.3023,845
- 15,794 students | 5.70 Mi9200 Valley View
Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 484-7000 5.7015,794
- 7,046 students | 6.40 Mi1111 East Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA 90221
(310) 900-1600 6.407,046
A bond measure that would have provided funds for community college expansion and renovation went down in San Mateo County, and we’ll look at how community college officials will handle the loss.
Once merely an afterthought in education, early education may finally be getting the critical attention it deserves. Learn more about how community colleges are playing a role in discovering the value of comprehensive training in early education.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?