- The mission of ASA Institute is to educate a diverse and qualified student population to become responsible professionals committed to lifelong learning by equipping them with a firm academic foundation and career-specific competencies. ASA offers high-quality degree and certificate programs that respond to the needs of students and employers in a global economy. ASA faculty and staff are dedicated to maintaining professionalism and institutional integrity in a student-centered environment.
- The teacher population of 137 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ASA College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||137 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,624 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,276 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||348 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||200||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ASA College is CUNY New York City College of Technology (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 16,967 students | 0.20 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- 545 students | 1.90 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
- n/a students | 2.00 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
- 26,606 students | 2.20 Mi199 Chambers St
New York,  NY  10007
- 6,701 students | 2.40 Mi1650 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11225
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.