- The mission of ASA Institute is to educate a diverse and qualified student population to become responsible professionals committed to lifelong learning by equipping them with a firm academic foundation and career-specific competencies. ASA offers high-quality degree and certificate programs that respond to the needs of students and employers in a global economy. ASA faculty and staff are dedicated to maintaining professionalism and institutional integrity in a student-centered environment.
- The teacher population of 137 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ASA College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||137 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,624 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,276 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||348 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||200||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ASA College is CUNY New York City College of Technology (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 16,967 students | 0.20 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- n/a students | 1.70 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
- 545 students | 1.80 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
- 110 students | 1.80 Mi80 Eighth Ave Rm 400
New York,  NY  10011
- 490 students | 1.90 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.