CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
- As one college within the City University of New York, BMCC shares CUNY’s mission to preserve academic excellence and extend higher educational opportunity to a diversified urban population. In addition, Borough of Manhattan Community College is dedicated to providing general, liberal arts, career education and continuing education programs, relevant to the needs, interests and aspirations of students of all ages.
- Enrollment: 22,496 students
- In-state tuition: $4,818
- Out-state tuition: $7,518
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 91%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Borough of Manhattan Community College was founded in 1963 and opened in 1964 as a small, primarily business-oriented community college offering programs aimed at the business community. Originally located in two floors of a commercial building in midtown Manhattan, the college focused on preparing students for business careers and on providing a liberal arts education to students who wished to transfer to four-year colleges. The college also created on-site training and management development courses for mid-level employees. BMCC continuously modified its in-house and on-site programs. BMCC is one of the nation's leading community colleges. Located in the heart of an exciting and vibrant city, BMCC reflects the best of downtown Manhattan: the culture of Tribeca, the vibrancy of Wall Street, and the promise of the Statue of Liberty. BMCC enrolls approximately 18,000 students in degree-programs and 6,000 more in continuing education programs. The campus, situated on 4.28 acres, became occupied in January 1983. In addition to the 71 classrooms, eight seminar rooms, numerous laboratories and three lecture halls, the campus library is equipped with 550 study carrels that permit use of audio/video cassettes. The campus features a 913-seat auditorium, a 262-seat theater and a 99-seat drama workshop. There is an intercollegiate-size swimming pool and gymnasium which can be divided into three regulation basketball courts. BMCC offers courses uptown as well. Uptown courses are held at two locations. You can choose to take classes at either our Harlem or Inwood/ Washington Heights locations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College cost?
CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College's tuition is approximately $4,818 for In-State students and $7,518 for Out-State students.