Consolidated School of Business-Lancaster (Closed 2018)
- Located in beautiful south central Pennsylvania, CSB is a small, private school with campuses in York county and Lancaster county. Our Associate in Specialized Business degree and diploma programs provide students with relevant, practical, problem-solving curriculums for today's world of business and technology.
The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Consolidated School of Business-Lancaster||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||36 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,911||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In August 1986 the Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools approved CSB licensure to open a second business school in Lancaster. The school was awarded accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) in December 1987. In August 1994 the Lancaster School moved to its new location. The Lancaster campus includes 14 classrooms, a medical lab, a learning resource center, a student lounge, and a student patio. The building is situated on 3.5 acres with 200 on-site parking spaces available. The college offers Associate in Specialized Business Degree Programs (18-Month) in Business Administration: Management Trainee, Computerized Accounting Management, Computerized Office Management, Legal Administrative Assistant and Medical Administrative Assistant. Diploma Programs (9-Month) are offered in Clerical Accounting Specialist, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Office Specialist and Office Associate. CSB is an authorized Microsoft Office Specialist (Office Specialist) certification testing center. In addition, certification tests are also available to graduates of CSB's accounting and medical ASB degree programs.
The nearest community college to Consolidated School of Business-Lancaster is Pennsylvania College of Art & Design (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 245 students | 2.70 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17603
(800) 689-0379 2.70245
- 1,800 students | 3.00 Mi850 Greenfield Road
Lancaster,  PA  17601
(800) 622-5443 3.001,800
- 1,233 students | 3.80 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 299-7731 3.801,233
- 4,952 students | 4.90 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 293-5000 4.904,952
- 1,327 students | 16.20 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
(717) 757-1100 16.201,327
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.