College of Southern Idaho
- The College of Southern Idaho's mission is to provide quality educational, social, cultural, economic, and workforce development opportunities that meet the diverse needs of the communities it serves. Students can choose from a wide range of transfer and career-technical programs with more than 110 program options ranging from short-term certificates to two-year associate degrees. Additionally, CSI provides basic skills, workforce training, economic development, and enrichment programs to its students and community members.
- The teacher population of 434 teachers has grown by 102% over five years.
|College of Southern Idaho||(ID) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||434 staff||265 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,021 students||5,032 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,051 students||2,051 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,970 students||2,981 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||544||544|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,000||$30,000|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college recognizes all individuals as having value in a democratic society. The primary purpose of the college is to assist students with varying levels of ability and diverse backgrounds in developing skills, values, and attitudes necessary for effective living. The College of Southern Idaho is one of the fastest growing institutions of higher education in the state, having doubled its enrollment in the past eight years. Off-Campus centers at Micron in Boise and in Burley, Gooding, Jerome, and Hailey serve approximately 2500 students each semester. The advent of the telecommunications system in 1989 greatly enhanced the delivery of college-level courses to these areas. The College of Southern Idaho offers a variety of educational opportunities to the people of South Central Idaho. Eighty-five percent of the student body comes from the eight Magic Valley counties the College is charged with serving. CSI is recognized for outstanding faculty, facilities and our student-centered environment. In addition to our excellent programs, we offer many support services to help students succeed: study skills classes, tutoring, learning centers, advising, financial aid, and health services to name a few. Students can also participate in student government activities, special interest clubs, athletic teams, and fine arts productions. We take great pride in offering innovative and state-of-the-art programs while maintaining an affordable, personalized experience for our students. The College of Southern Idaho received its first accreditation from the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges in 1968.
- The nearest community college to College of Southern Idaho is Carrington College-Boise (115.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 494 students | 115.10 Mi1122 North Liberty Street
Boise,  ID  83704
- 10,217 students | 125.00 Mi5500 East Opportunity Drive
Nampa,  ID  83687
- 3,024 students | 137.60 Mi1500 College Parkway
Elko,  NV  89801
- 1,483 students | 140.00 Mi1600 S 25th E
Idaho Falls,  ID  83404
- 27,662 students | 147.90 MiOld Main Hill
Logan,  UT  84322
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.